6.23.2010

I realized a few things this morning

I woke up a few minutes before my alarm went off this morning. What did I wake up to? My girls. They were both alive and kicking inside and I felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I stared at my sleeping husband and felt such a peace come over me and I realized what my new little family means to me. The past few weeks have been a little stressful and it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's scary bringing two babies into the world when Josh hasn't found a job (well, a job using his degree) yet, but our lives are still perfect. We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I need to be better at remembering that.

The other day, I held my coworker's 3 week old little girl and I was in Heaven. I can't wait to actually feel these girls kick outside of my ribcage. :) Holding her made me realize how we should probably get some more clothes in smaller sizes. These girls have got it made when they reach 15 lbs or so, but their newborn wardrobe (let alone premie wardrobe) is slightly lacking. I'm used to seeing older babies everywhere, but holding a 7 pound 3 week old, put things in perspective. Compared to what our girls will start out as, this girl was a monster (I mean, as big as one. She was the sweetest baby ever) and yet she was so tiny. My boss told me that holding her would make the next month and a half go by soooo much more slowly and she's right.... the last 3 days have seemed like 3 years. I know I should take advantage of these last few childless weeks, because once they're here, there's no turning back, but it's killing me!
Any tips to pass the time? :)

6 comments:

  1. The one thing I wish someone told me before I gave birth (that's not related to the actual birthing process):

    Eat out as much as you can because it will be a long time before you can dine out again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read a book... take a bath... do things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to admit it, but we found that Walmart is the best place for cheap preemie clothes. The Garanimals line has little shirts and pants for $2-3. And they're usually decently cute.

    I'm with you on the getting anxious thing. I saw Becky Bickel's baby yesterday and was hit with a case of serious jealousy that her baby is actually here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. crafts! make them cute decorations.... read the book of mormon again before they come.... go to the temple daily... bake a cake :) just live life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make cute dresses and ruffle bums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would that 3 week old baby girl you're talking about happen to be mine? She was quite the tiny little cutie wasn't she :)

    ReplyDelete