*Just a warning. The pictures in this post are the size of a small toddler. I've been trying to get them smaller, but after waaaay too long fiddling with them, I have given up. Enjoy.
Memorial Day was awesome. The day before, as we were sitting in Sacrament meeting, I decided that we should go to Park City. (Don't judge, but sometimes talks can be a bit boring and my mind tends to wander. Actually, come to think about it, maybe church in general promotes mind wandering/trip planning. Spontaneous Vegas trip of '07 with Peter Brown anyone?) Anyways, we left our home of Cache Valley the next morning and about 100 miles later felt like we were in a different state. Park City will do that to ya and I love it! We spent about 3 hours at the outlets and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't die. No food, only one water bottle and 3 hours of straight walking! I seriously couldn't stop talking about how proud I was of myself and I'm sure it annoyed Josh, but he was a trooper. Josh got a pair of jeans for almost half off and we got $100 worth of baby/kid clothing for not even $40. I felt MEGA accomplished. From there, we went downtown and walked around for a few more hours. (Ok, there was a McDonald's trip in between which came just in the nic of time because I DID think I was going to die of starvation) Every time I go to Park City, I'm in awe of how beautiful it is. Really, I think Park City and areas of Cache Valley are the most beautiful in the state and I'm glad it's all so close. Anyways, enough with the sappy banter, here's a few pics...
Josh and his little friend
I've got quite a history with this moose:
Roommate trip summer of '08
Another touristy photo op
and this is what $85 of nail polish looks like when it's been left in a window display for who knows how long. It truly broke my heart. If I were made of money, I would paint my nails with every shade of OPI imaginable. Sadly though, I only have about 5.
When we returned home from our excursion, we realized that you can't have a proper Memorial Day without a Barbeque. So, we zipped to the store and came home with this baby:
We also grilled hotdogs and pineapple. DELICIOUS. Just don't tell our manager because it's on the laundry list of things we're technically not allowed to do in or around our apartment.
Talk about a perfect day. Getting out of the valley, scoring killer deals on clothes, a BBQ, and spending it with my best friend. Perfection.

What a fun little getaway! You look soo good! Love that little belly.
ReplyDeleteHey! We're thinking about Park City this weekend too. Smart minds think alike. And we're guilty as well of BBQing around the apartment. I won't tell if you won't. :)
ReplyDeleteBasically I just wanted to tell you two how much I love you! I miss seeing you all the time! Maybe Josh should look for jobs in Boise.....
ReplyDelete