5.30.2010

This week is going to be good

We're starting off this week with a little Memorial Day getaway to Park City (yes, as far as 'babymoons' go, we Mangelson's go big...) and then we're ending the week with a baby shower. Yippee!

My visiting teacher came over the other day and I realized how grateful I need to be for having such an easy pregnancy. I know women with one baby who have gone on bed rest, had unbearable heart burn, migraines, horrible circulation issues, morning sickness the entire time etc, and I haven't had any of that. SOOOO many twin moms are put on bed rest about this time during their pregnancy, but my Dr. not only doesn't believe in that (unless it's absolutely necessary) but he doesn't seem to think I'll need it at all. In fact, I sat through all of church today and went on a killer walk with Josh. Granted, I had to take a break on someone's grass for a few seconds to get some air back in my lungs, but other than that it was great! So really, I shouldn't complain about this pregnancy like I have been known to do. I've got a lot to be grateful for.

This weekend Josh, Lacy and I ventured to the farmer's market. I've never been to one outside of Cache Valley, but this one was super legit. Chacos, dreadlocks, a bluegrass band, and hippies galore! (not to mention two cute Amish women...) I love it and plan on going as many saturday mornings as I can until I pop. Summer is finally here and I'm ecstatic. Filling up a snow cone frequent buyer card and going to the farmer's market ushered it in with much excitement.

Every time the babies move, you can see my stomach move. It's crazy! When both of them are moving at once, my gut turns into the wave pool at 7 peaks. I love it and love them. Baby A (who we'll call Bertha) moves far less than her sister, but last night, Josh started talking right where she is and BAM out came the kicks, spins, whirls, and double back flips. Babies can begin to hear around week 18, with the ability improving each week, so I know she could hear him because she NEVER moves that much. I feel her every day, but just a kick or two. Not anything like little Gertrude who practices her karate moves every few hours or so. It was such an awesome moment in our little family and I can't wait to have more of them.

One last thing, the other day, I watched several episode of The Facts of Life. It had been a while since I'd pulled out my seasons of it, and I was laughing the entire time. Some of my favorite moments are in this montage. Especially the scene around 3:00...

6 comments:

  1. Did you get morning sickness at all?? You definitely sound like your pregnancy is a pretty good one. So far this has been better than my first though. I am a lot less sick just more tired!
    We had tons of farmers markets in Florida. It was the best. I love going to them. There is nothing better than having fresh fruits and veggies. Especially while pregnant I crave fruit constantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to the Cache Valley Farmer's Market, but I definitely spent a good deal of my time trying not to laugh at the hippies with dreadlocks swaying to the bluegrass music. And there were only a few of them... I'd probably really lose it at a "big" Farmer's Market.

    And I LOVE baby movement. Isn't it the best? I'm sure it's twice as alien-looking with two in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how much I've already forgotten about the pregnancy (like the wave pool in your stomach). Can you really tell which kick is which? I thought I could but then at the ultra sounds I'd be way off to where I thought they were versus where they really were. Mine moved positions a lot. When I was pregnant I couldn't remember a time in life that I wasn't pregnant and I couldn't think of a time in the future that I wouldn't be pregnant... it just seemed so all-consuming (especially with everything it does to your body, bladder, appetite, etc). But it's funny now (just six months later) that I really hardly remember all those things and my body has bounced right back to what it was like before. Crazy.

    Fun that you guys got to take a little trip! Hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cute about Josh talking to baby A! It is so neat to see and feel them move. I can't believe you are already 26 weeks! Almost done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT is one of the best episodes of the facts of life. I love that show with all my face and heart.

    ReplyDelete