4.14.2010

The anti-pink

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this little outfit, but I am. I got so excited to see that not all girl clothing are a pepto-bismol explosion. I expect we'll be given a lot of pink and I don't have anything against pink, but does this not scream "I am Brittany's daughter"? I hope so. Now the girls just need to reach 9 months old so they can wear it. Until then I will continue to stare at it every day.

We're going to a wedding today and I promise I wont leave without obligatory shot of my gut. It's getting bigger each day and I've been feeling more and more movement. It's weird feeling a party going on in your stomach. I think Amy Poehler described it best by saying it's like, "if you ate a meatball sandwich, then that meatball sandwich was kicking you." The girls aren't super active yet, but they're starting to stretch their limbs enough that I'll smile in class or even start laughing a bit. People may judge, but just wait until there's a human (or two) inside of them and the human(s) decide to do the YMCA.

Next week is our 3D ultra sound. We've got 15 picture or so of random limbs that look like lines, heads that look like aliens, and feet that look like forks, but it will be awesome to actually see BABIES! Will they have my huge forehead? Josh's sunken in eyes? My bug eyes? Who knows, but maybe we'll get a better idea of who's in there then.

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that outfit is adorable!! i love it. totally looks like you.

    i can't wait to see pics! it seems like it has been forever since i've seen you...oh wait...it has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! That outfit so screams Brittany! Could that be a cuter outfit?! I think not! I'm so excited to hold your girls!!! :) And see them in the many, many cuteness outfits! You so have to do matching ones, too! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome about the 3D ultrasound, too! You're lucky! That would be so cool to see. I hope they give you a dvd of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny because I was pretty anti-pink too! Didn't stop people from giving me TONS of it, but oh well. I still get excited when I can buy them outfits that are red or yellow or blue or green (which also ended up being the colors of my nursery which I love).

    Here's a tidbit... my girls are a little behind in all of their clothing sizes. So they wore "newborn" size for like the first three months and then they've been wearing the 0-3 month size ever since. They're five months old today and I'm just now busting out a few 3-6 month outfits (but several are still too big) and just now finally packing up the newborn size (because they still fit until recently). I think we'll still toggle between 0-3 month and 3-6 month for awhile. So if you're planning for summer or fall clothing that might be something to keep in mind (but your babies could be bigger than mine were/are too...?).

    ReplyDelete