4.28.2010

And yes they know it will pass, and yes they know New York will thaw

Regina knows what she's talking about and I keep telling myself the same thing. Logan will thaw, right? Ok, so I realize it's currently thawed, but who else was FREAKED out by that little snow storm today???

Today has been a good day for a few reasons:

1. I went to the Junction (side bar: the Junction is the Cannon Center of USU. Although the new CC is probably more comparable to the Market Place, but we're not here to discuss dining areas on college campuses.) while at work and had the most DELICIOUS rice krispy treat ever. Like EVER. There must have been a pound of butter and 2 pounds of marshmallows in that little square. It got my day started on the right foot.

2. I then came back to the "headquarters" of my job and watched Finding Nemo. As I was sitting there, it dawned on my how much harder motherhood is going to be than my current job. Oh poop.

3. My credit card balance is sitting at a beautiful $0.

4. I realized that putting a few sips (ok, a few cans) of Pepsi plus about a thousand twin pops in my system makes my kids go crazy. I mean CRAZY! I've been so good about drinking 98% water and milk (seriously, I have at least 100 oz a day) that I cracked when Josh bought some Pepsi. I also went animalistic on the twin pops last night, but can you blame me? They're twin pops...

5. The girl's diapers came today! They are absolutely adorable and I'm excited to prove all the doubters wrong. :) (especially a certain vocal coworker of mine...)

6. I had a 'moment' with a participant at work who usually isn't too fond of me. By 'moment' I mean that it was great. I made him laugh and he gave me a high five. :)

7. I finally figured out what to write my final photo paper on. Surrealism. Thrilling, I know.

8. B.A.C.A came to my abuse class today. They are far more awesome than I ever imagined.

9. We got Josh a graduation gown/tassel for super cheap! Now we just have to track down a cap, but we'll probably get that on the actual day of the big event. I love procrastinating. (ok, that actually happened yesterday, but I was still glowing over it this morning)

10. I heard from my old Young Women's leader who had twin girls last year and she filled me up with an "I can do this" spirit. She, along with a few other twin moms have really made me believe in myself.

11. The Aloha snow cone shack in the Hastings parking lot is officially up. Not up and running, but up. It's my goal to fill up two cards this year.

Speaking of snow cones...

I looked on the classified board in the TSC and saw that someone was selling a snow cone business for $7,500. As tempting as that was, I realize that it was simply out of our budget. Can you imagine though? I told Josh we wouldn't have to hire a single employee because I'd spend all day (and all night) eating snow cones while selling a few on the side.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, sometimes parenthood really is as easy as plopping your kid down in front of Finding Nemo and doing absolutely nothing while they veg.

    Not that I have experience in that or anything...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're eating "twin pops". Too cute! I know what you mean about the pepsi. My babies went crazy on that too (in my womb). lol. I hope you get those snow cones soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, B.A.C.A. IS awesome and I really do want to be friends with them. Their business card it hanging up on my desk at work.
    Second, after you called and left Lacy the voicemail with the "best news of her mortal existence", she went on to talk about said snow cone shack for about a half hour.
    Third, I want to go to there with you guys.

    ReplyDelete