Well, who knew that with our "coming out of the pregnancy closet" as my friends and sister call it, we'd get such an outpouring of love. Facebook/blog messages, texts, phone calls...it's overwhelming! We feel very loved and feel like we have the best family/friends anyone could ask for. (cheesy, right) As for how I've been feeling---If you ask Josh, he's say sick as a dog at night time. The poor guy feels completely helpless. I don't feel sick all the time, but as soon as I smell meat, or anything too extreme (spicy, sweet, etc) I run away. I get nauseated if I'm not constantly eating, but hardly anything sound good, so when I do feel like eating I take full advantage of it and enjoy every bite. The good news is that I haven't thrown up since Thursday! I also get winded really easily. The other day I walked from BRASC (for those of you not in Logan this will mean nothing to you) to the library on campus and felt like I was going to die. Literally. I was breathing as if I'd just ran three miles. (and yes, running 3 miles would probably kill me) It's a pretty decent walk (I'd say maybe 3-4 blocks??) but nothing that should have taken me out that bad. Another time I was going to class on the second floor of Old Main. I looked at the switch back stairs and almost laughed out loud. I headed to the elevator, hoping I would be alone to ride the looong distance to floor 2 in peace. Sadly, a girl was already in it and I feeling to embarrassed to push "2", I rode it with her to the third floor and walked down the stairs. Pathetic, right? Just a bit. One last pathetic thing...I cried during Miss America. (I don't think Josh knows about that one.) My emotions are ALL over the place.
So, there's an update. I'm hoping this pregnancy doesn't take over my blog completely so I'll try to keep my personality in and the gory details out.
Oh, and one more thing. I found out the other day that my old roommate is pregnant too. She's due 4 days before me. As a certain participant at my work would say, "CCC" {That was for you, Amy Jane.}

Oh I am so so happy for you two!! I can't even get over it! What a cute mom you will be! Don't worry if your pregnancy does take over your blog, it is taking over your life and what a blessing (and curse) that is! I'm sorry you haven't felt good, hang in there and pray for your poor hubby -they put up with so much when those emotions kick in! (if they only knew what we put up with.... but they never will, so keep on praying!)
ReplyDeleteSo surprised when I saw this news!! I know you are going to have the CUTEST baby bump. Dang, all you girls are having babies, and I still live with my mom. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteI almost cried during Miss America too, and I'm not even pregnant. So no need to feel lame. :) (Or maybe you still should...) haha
ReplyDeleteoh brittany!! you make me laugh :) i loved the little story about the elevator...the things we do. don't feel abnormal though, i remember dying anytime a staircase came in view. {you know the staircase on byu campus by the duck pond??? yeah, i had to walk up those to get to class and i think i had to take about ten breaks.} hang in there girl, and enjoy it all!! i'm thinking about you, and am so SO excited for you!
ReplyDeleteBrittany, that's so funny about the elevator!! I LOVE you!!! I would have probably done the same thing. ;) Yep, I totally remember the EXHAUSTED feeling all of the time. I had it worse with Ryan than Rachie! Just remember, being pregnant is like climbing a mountain! Stupid mountains!! ;) It's true! You can blog all you want about being preggers! We love hearing your stories!!!
ReplyDelete