When I was little, I was convinced that I was the luckiest girl in the world because of one thing--- my family. My siblings and parents were great, but I also had an amazing extended family. I remember driving to my aunt's in Draper and singing the the song Families Can Be Together Forever on the way there. It's super cheesy, but to a little kid it made me so happy to know that I could be with immediate family as well as the aunts, uncles and cousins forever. The Herdman side of my family is very, very small and I don't know them really besides my grandparents, but I still have a love for them. The Olson side, on the other hand, is massive with dozens and dozens of younger cousins, and a handful of cousins my own age. We had a little get together at Karen's house this past Tuesday and all of my childhood feelings for my family came rushing back. I haven't seen some of these guys since our wedding {a year ago Saturday. Can you believe it?!} and it was like no time had passed at all. {Maybe the fact that they all have facebook helped that one out...} We didn't get many pictures because we were too busy eating, talking, and wishing Adam luck. It was well worth the drive and I was again reminded of how much I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment