12.26.2009

Anniversary and Christmas wrap up

Josh and I had a great anniversary. It included,
  • Two flannel shirts

Could it have gotten any better? Probably not. The next day, we went down to the Mangelson's house because his dad had a solo in the Tooele's rendition of Handel's Messiah. He was excellent and it was a beautiful way to start the week of Christmas. Right before we left for the concert, Josh's mom brought out our Christmas present. Josh knew what it was and was so anxious to see my reaction. We are super impatient people so we ended up opening it that night. Now, I don't know if I can accurately capture my excitement with words on this blog and sadly, I forgot the camera battery so I don't have a picture of my reaction to the gift. So, I'm going to do the next best thing and show you a picture of my second favorite Christmas present I've ever received. It was Christmas 2005 and I got the Oprah anniversary dvd set. I was thrilled {obviously Kelsey was a little less enthused about Narnia}. Within those disks contains bloopers, the most famous interviews/moments, and the infamous Oprah music video. It was fantastic. However, that was nothing in comparison to this...

Yeah that's right. I got a COTTON CANDY MACHINE! Jealous? You should be. It's really in the top ten greatest things to ever happened to me. No lie. I love it. We went to Party Land in Orem and got the yummiest floss sugar ever. Josh spent all Christmas eve and day making cotton candy for our families. Sadly, I had a case of the flu this Christmas and I, yes even I, turned down the sugary goodness. You have no idea how excited I am about this. I've been known to pay 6 bucks for a bag of this stuff because you hardly ever get it. Not anymore. My life is complete. And now, here's two pictures of the Herdman's opening gifts. I added the first one because I think my dad is cute and the second because Jason's butt is 5 times the size of Kelsey's head.

I didn't get any pictures at the Mangelson house, but the highlight of Christmas day was talking to Jared. He's serving a mission in Uruguay and it was so neat to hear him as a missionary. He was so positive and kept saying how much he knew this church was true. It was a great testimony to hear especially on Christmas.


and...that's a wrap!

2 comments:

  1. oh b. your pictures just made me laugh out loud. for reals. it scared the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how I am worthy enough to be in your picture collection, along with my Nat. Geo. books. I am truely touched.

    ReplyDelete