12.19.2009

I wanna stop and thank you baby

I really like Joshua Ronald Mangelson and today marks the one year anniversary of when I got the poor guy to marry me. It was the snowiest day of the year, but the happiest day of my life. The other day I made a list of some things I would have missed out on this year if I wouldn't have married him. So Josh, thanks for the happiest year of my life and here's the things I would have missed this year...
  • a new last name
  • the invention of my jibberish language that only you have heard
  • seeing you become a magician, stitch your own pants and learn everything you can about Jesse James, the Nahuatl language and Coca-Cola.
  • watching TLC documentaries about women who didn't know they were pregnant and people born without arms
  • the names Bub and Jub
  • seeing you play with the kids in nursery
  • making random late night wal-mart trips
  • hours and hours of laughter
  • becoming a member of a great new family
  • eating the yummy products of your great cooking
  • staying up late and chatting about nothing
  • a cruise to mexico/trip to disneyland/honeymoon in vegas
  • realizing our arguments are so silly and we don't even know who got annoyed first so we simply choose to stop and be happy again
  • more bowling games that I've ever played in my whole life
  • seeing your mature point of view on so many topics
  • our peter pan obsession that lasted a few weeks
  • watching you live your testimony
  • seeing how much our nieces and nephews love you
  • many dance parties in the kitchen provided by my favorite wedding present {thanks Hailey and Lacy}
  • spontaneous trips out of Cache Valley
  • being in the temple with you
  • watching you get ecstatic over a new solitaire record
  • teaching you how to play solitaire :)
  • watching you try to make me laugh when I'm crying
  • unexpected trials that have brought us closer to the Lord and each other
  • having you whispering things about avocados to me while I'm asleep and then I wake up craving guacamole.
  • the little things you do for the sole purpose because you know it will make me happy
  • waking up to my best friend every morning
I love you more than you'll ever know, Josh. I'm glad I didn't miss any of these things. Happy anniversary.

p.s. the title of this post is from the greatest love songs of all time.
p.p.s. I realize this post was gag worthy, but whatever. It's my anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You two are perfect for each other and I'm so glad that you joined the Mangelson family! You're the best! Love you two!

    ReplyDelete