12.05.2009

oh christmas tree! oh christmas tree!


We're ready for Christmas at the Mangelson house! We got a real tree this year (my first EVER) and since it was wrapped up when we bought it, we had no idea what to expect. We sawed off the bottom, put it in the stand, cut the strings and BAM! This is what our beautiful $22 tree looks like. It takes up a lot more of our living room than we anticipated, but we love it. Yes, those ornaments are from our wedding center pieces and yes, we're using a teddy bear {Walter, who was purchased at F.A.O. Schwartz on our honeymoon} for our star. Don't judge. It feels good to actually have a Christmas tree with Josh. This is our third Christmas since we started dating and our second since we've been married. Last year, we hadn't even been married a week when Christmas rolled around, so we mooched off our parent's trees. This year though, our house smells of pine and it looks beautiful all lit up. My favorite time of year is here! I'm exspecially excited this year because we're celebrating our one year anniversary exactly two weeks! We've had a fantastic first year and have so much to be thankful for. Yep, I love love LOVE this time of year.

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen a more perfect tree, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a more perfect tree, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome tree! I love it! And, Walter, the bear is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome tree! I love it! And, Walter, the bear is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete