Our weekend was a little crazy. It included
Watching our new little neighbor. Note that she is NOT our baby. I had a few people assume that she's ours and although I do love her a lot, I definitely wouldn't leave out an entire pregnancy and birth from this blog. Trust me, for as many details as I've shared about my life on here, I would be sure to mention that. ;)
We also got rid of our tmobile contract. We sadly will have to pay through the nose to get out of it, but considering we were paying the bill every month to only have shotty service every now and then, it was worth it. Seriously, I would get text messages DAYS after they were sent and often, I would have to restart my phone and go sit on my porch to make a call. It was ridic and something needed to change. So, Josh went to the Verizon store and came back with an pretty white iPhone for me. :) Since we have a hefty cancellation fee to fork over to tmobile, we decided to just get me the 4s and I say "just" because compared to every other phone I've ever had, this phone is a queen. It's beautiful and I love her with all my smartphone loving heart. Now I just have to find the perfect case for her.
Sunday, Lillian and I woke up sick. She had (has) a really horse, deep cough and runny nose. I felt nauseated and we were both running a fever. I threw up 4 times, fainted once (possibly twice? My neighbor found me dead to the world, wrapped up in a towel on my bed and I have no recollection how I got there so...) and Josh took Lillian to insta care. You guys, I hate insta care. You wait forever and 2 out of 3 times I've gone there, they've said that my kid was fine. This time, they said Lillian just had a cough and to give her medicine every six hours. Ugh. I hate being a worry wart, but you hear all this talk about whooping cough and RSV so I didn't want to take any chances. She's still pretty miserable this morning, but I'm feeling much, much better.
When Josh took Lillian to insta care, I knew I wouldn't be able to take care of Sophie. Every time I stood up, I got dizzy and felt like I was literally going to lose it. My neighbors came to the rescue and took Soph to their house and she played with their kids and dogs for 3ish hours? (I'm not sure, because like I said, I was out of it for a good chunk of time...) Josh came home, put the girls to bed, helped me get dressed (literally, that's how pathetic I was) and cleaned the house. When I went upstairs earlier that evening, just about every toy we had was out. Corn chips were everywhere, dishes were all over the counter, dirty diapers covered the floor, papers were ripped up everywhere, etc. It was terrible and I was SO embarrassed when our home teacher came over to help give me a blessing as well as when our neighbors came and got Sophie. It was bad. Like someone should call CPS bad. So, you can imagine my delight and gratitude when I woke up to this.
Do I not have the best husband or what? I just sat on the couch and cried because he's so good to me. The toys were put away, the living room was vacuumed, the dishes were all clean and put away, the kitchen was swept and mopped, everything was clean! I slept for about 13 hours last night and am feeling a million times better today. I just can't stop thinking how lucky I am to have an army of people around me (including my husband) who are willing to help at the drop of a hat. I'm a lucky, lucky gal.
Hope your weekend was a little less disgusting than ours!



"It was bad. Like someone should call CPS bad." Haha! So glad I'm not the only one this happens to on occasion. So sorry you were sick. Sick mom and sick kids is pure misery.
ReplyDeleteUgh, sorry, that sounds miserable! I love my 4s...I got a speck candyshell case and like it.
ReplyDelete