I'll be honest, I've been avoiding this blog. You see, it's become quite a popular thing amongst "bloggers" (and I put that in quotes because I don't consider myself a blogger at all) to do a year-in-review-post of sorts. They put up pretty pictures and talk about how good the last year was to them. Guess what though? 2012 kinda sucked. As I looked through my folders of pictures, most of them were of the girls playing in a terribly messy living room with crazy hair, no pants, and the television blaring. Looking through the thousands and thousands of pictures (literally) made me feel like a terrible person, a terrible mother. This year has been hard and I feel like I let myself go a bit. I didn't take care of my marriage, kids, friendships, or house as much as I should have. It was kind of pitiful to look at.
And so I didn't want to blog about it. But now it's a new year and I hope I have an evolving perspective on things. I have goals to be accomplished (which I've rocked so far, by the way) and things I'm going to focus on. I've got good feelings about 2013. I think there are some great things ins store for us and I definitely won't be missing 2012.
And just because they're cute...
Lillian making dinosaur growls
Lillian making dinosaur growls
and Sophie...just being Sophie.


I love it, you're REAL which is hard to find in the blogging world! I love you and also struggle sacrificing my husband and being a mom... I get it. ;)
ReplyDeleteYay for rocking your new year's goals!! I'm still trying to get a handle on them, but every day is a fresh start...right?? :) Your girls are adorable, and I need one of those puzzle organizers! (Where can I find one?) ps. I'm still up for a playdate whenever you are :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah? Well go look at my sadly neglected blog. I'm a birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas behind :P. For the record, I would think you were a big fat faker if I didn't see messy hair and delightful diaper clad toddlers in your pictures. It's life. The life of a momma lucky enough to have fantastic twinners. Enjoy the excuse to have a little mess in your life!
ReplyDelete