1.16.2013

4 toddlers and 2 babies

I've never been a huge fan of Utah winters, but since I've become a mom I've learned to hate winters. Especially this winter. Sophie and Lillian don't really like to play in the snow. Scratch that. They love playing in the snow, but hate wearing coats, gloves and hats, so they end up hating the snow in about 3 minutes. We've only played in the snow twice this winter and each time has ended in colossal meltdowns and freezing babies. I've been trying to organize their toys and get more structured activities in, but I'm kind of losing steam. 

Moral of the story? I love play dates. 

Yesterday, Allison and I met at Charlene's house (Allison, I would have linked you, but do you have a blog? I don't even know!!). Between the three of us, there were 6 kids under three, including two under 5 months. And all but one potty trained toddler were in cloth diapers. You can imagine what our conversations were about... ;) 

We had a really good time, but I think all of the kids were used to being cooped up with little interaction with other kids. Things got a bit...intense between some of the toddlers, but overall it was really good and we definitely will be playing together again very soon, especially since Charlene lives so close to us!

These pictures aren't the greatest since I just had my kit lens and my shutter speed was entirely too slow, but they're better than nothing.










And today we're off for another play date with girls I grew up with! Do you live in Utah? Do you want to have a play date with us because chances are I want to have one with you!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for playdates!! I'm so glad that you & Jess were able to come down...I was serious about doing it more often! Next time I'll come to you :)

    And that baby roller coaster thing looks awesome!! I need to invest in cooler toys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do a play date sometime! Anything to get out of the house, and have a real conversation with people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That makes it sound like I only talk to myself 24-7... I mean grown-ups!

      Delete