1.17.2013

Random thoughts

I wish we could hide certain words from showing up in our facebook in our facebook newsfeed. If that were possible, "gun" would definitely be hidden from mine. 

I've had a goal this year to be more organized. I think I've been pretty successful. We took a trip to Ikea and spent almost $200 on various things to get our home organized and although I choked at the amount of bones we were dropping, my living room and kitchen are SO much better. Definitely worth it. 

Along those lines, I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff. I purged our coat closet and put a lot of stuff in a "get rid of" pile in the basement. We just have so much junk. It'll be nice when I gather everything and take it to be donated. 

I enjoy Trader Joe's. I especially enjoy their cookie butter. God bless the inventor of cookie butter.

Has anyone seen my memory card? The 8 gb one that I lose constantly? It's been lost for about 3 weeks now and I'm thinking it's never coming back. :(

I destashed my cloth diapers and have a couple sellers lined up to buy what I don't use. It feels pretty good to know that not only did I reuse those diapers for my own kids, but I'm getting a good portion of the original cost back and that they'll be used again for other kids. 

I want to start meal planning. For REALS. I've made this goal about a dozen times over the last year and I've been successful a time or two, but I think I'm going to enlist Josh's help (because let's face it, he does 80% of the cooking around here...) and we're going to stick to it. 

On the topic of food, I love Winco. If you have a Winco near you, you should be doing your grocery shopping there. We drive a little distance to get to one, but I love it. I haven't been in a few weeks and I'm itching to go back. 

And now I realize how awesome my life is. Grocery shopping at Winco (sans twins, of course) sounds like my idea of a really good time. 

Have you guys watched America's Supernanny? I like Miss. Deborah better than the British nanny (have no idea what her name is) and I've been patiently waiting for new episodes for months and months so I was THRILLED to see a new episode sitting in my dvr. The first episode of the season was a mom of twins. It's a sign guys. A sign that the child disciplinary Gods are on my side. Now we just have to establish a good "calm down corner". 

Oh and did you notice that the adoption button was taken down from my blog? Well, that's because this happened. 



You guys, she is the most beautiful, lucky, and obnoxiously photographed (by yours truly) baby in the world. We love her and the twins talk about her constantly.

So there you have it. My random thoughts for this Thursday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Jo (original Supernanny) is one of my favorite people! While I was pregnant and on bedrrst I watched pretty much every episode of Supernanny. There were tons of twin families, like 3 out of 5 had twins. Does Jo really like twins? Or do families with twins just need that much help?! Lol. I've come to the conclusion it must be a little of both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys have a new baby?!?!?! blog about it, please!

    ReplyDelete