I can't tell you how good I feel right now. I finally did something for me. What is that, you ask? I dropped out of my classes for this coming semester. I sent in my "leave of absence" form. I am taking a break from school for the first time in almost twenty years. A part of me (a small part, I may add) thinks I should have just plowed through, but guess what? My life is pretty stressful right now. There are things going on that take a lot of my time, energy and emotion. They are more important than quickly finishing my college degree. And I know that's it's quick to think, "well life won't get any easier, Brittany." but guess what? It actually probably will get easier. The stresses in my life have little, if nothing to do with the girls. They're personal and I need to work through them.
So that was probably more detail (even though I was incredibly vague) and more justification than I needed to give, but I feel like a million bucks. I'm putting the most important things first and not putting what everyone else thinks is important first. I'll actually have time to study for and prepare to test into statistics. I'll give my mind the time it needs to not be burned out anymore. And don't worry, I already committed to going back in January. I just need one semester. One semester of an extended summer 'vacation' to clear my head, prioritize, and better my relationship with the people that mean the most to me.
So here's to admitting that you're in over your head and doing something about it. Here's to taking a break and here's to my Bachelor's degree, 6 years (and counting) in the making.
Oh and I had to share this funny... I got an email from USU confirming that they got my forms and it was signed by the registar's office with the post script of
GO AGGIES! (But then come back!)
I love USU.
Picture taken Fall of '09 on my super crappy phone.
I don't care what anyone else says, Cache Valley (and USU's campus) in the fall is the prettiest place on the planet.

I'm glad you're doing what feels best for you. Yah for taking breaks! You'll probably be much more excited when you come back after feeling like you actually had a break from school and were able to do some things that you wanted to. I can't wait to see you and your fam at Lacy's wedding!
ReplyDeleteCompletely agree about Logan, Utah and USU campus. Best place on earth. Second, pshh, dude you are a rock star. You went through a twin pregnancy, a c section, taking care of TWINS while recovering from your c section, TAKING CARE OF TWINS (I could say this a hundred times), all while going to school. Take a break forever, if you want. You deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I really like that picture of campus...I love love love the fall.
ReplyDeletei totally agree about USU in the fall. it's stunning!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything Pre-Dent Express said except the taking a break forever if you want. :)
ReplyDeleteGood job knowing yourself well enough to take a break when you need it. It's such a waste of money to go to school when you're not in a position to invest anything of yourself along with the money.
And yes, Cache Valley wins for its summers and falls. It's always so pretty I forget what happens after fall...
Sometimes I wonder why I ever let myself leave USU. I agree - the campus and town is just BEAUTIFUL and they hold so many memories for me!
ReplyDeleteUSU in the fall is one of my very most favorite things in the whole world. I've been missing that place like crazy lately!
ReplyDeleteAnd, good for you for doing something for yourself! You totally deserve it.
I just realized that when I commented, I commented under my husband's gmail account, pre-dent express. This is Erin Judy :)
ReplyDelete