We had a great holiday. We decided to lay low this year and not fight
the crowds during the day. So, we stayed in our p.j.'s, and lounged
around while watching the Hot Dog Eating Contest
and listening to the very random 4th of July station on Pandora. Later
in the afternoon, we set off some smoke bomb and threw some poppers with
the girls. That was followed by a BBQ with our neighbors, some sidewalk
chalking and watching everyone else fireworks light off fireworks.
Fireworks weren't banned, but they were discouraged where we live, so we
didn't want to be "those neighbors" but we were happy that there were
"those neighbors" around us. ;) We did have a few sparklers and flowers
that we light off. It was a few '2 year old' friendly show.
I made some chocolate covered pretzels for the BBQ. I got jumbo twist pretzels, but I didn't think that they would be as hard to eat as they were. They were as thick as the rods, but much, much more awkward and impossible for the girls to bite into. Needless to say, they just sucked off the chocolate and needless to say, it got really messy real quick.
And the girls are looking to their left the entire time because that's where our neighbors were sitting and they love them.
Anyway, here's that photo bomb...
I love how much they look like twins in this picture...
And this picture reminds me of this picture from a year ago. Sophie loves her food.
Beautiful, right? Sophie thought so.
And one of me and Josh, just because I don't remember the last time we took a picture (especially a myspace-like picture) of the two of us.
Hope your 4th was great!
ok they are adorable!! i love their little dresses. and that classic "twin" picture of them...they are getting so grown up!
ReplyDeleteyou & josh look great too :) we need to get together soon...hint hint :)
Did you make the girls' dresses? They are so cute. What a fun time they had with their chocolate pretzels. My little Levi would look exactly the same if he ate one of those!
ReplyDeleteI think only people with the name Jessica read this post...jk. I love the girls dresses and their adorable faces. So cute. Love the myspace-esque picture.
ReplyDeleteI definitely did not make their dresses... Our neighbor did and the girls love them! They insisted on wearing them every day for a while and they still want to wear them if they seem before they're dressed. They're super cute and I'm not talented enough to make something like that. Maybe someday... :)
ReplyDelete