7.08.2012

23

This is the last monthly post I think I'm going to do. I guess I'll do one next month when they turn two (CRAZY!) but I just can't keep up with these things anymore. I figure two years of monthly updates is commendable, right?

Sophie



 
 

Where do I begin? This girl is nuts. So my personality, so much spunk, so much attitude, so much love. She reminds me a lot of my spastic self (and that terrifies me) and she's just got a huge personality for her tiny little body. Her latest thing is covering her mouth, saying (or yelling) "noooooo" while shaking her entire body when something happens or something is said that she doesn't like. It's hilarious and horrifying all at the same time. I just keep thinking that if she's freaking out like this over having to eat some beans, how is she going to react when I won't let her stay out until midnight? I've got my work cut out for me with this one...

Sophie loves music and dancing. For a while, that was Lillian's thing, but Sophie's really taken off with it lately. Her current favorite song is this one and yes, every time they yell "hey!" she yells it right back. In fact, all I have to do is hum the part before the "hey!" and she'll say it. It makes me laugh every time. 

She talks a lot. Every day she learns at least one new word. If you ask her, "can you say..." she'll attempt it. My favorite thing she says is her name. She says it "Foe-See". Again, it makes me laugh every time. "milk" is also a good one. The emphasis is definitely on the "ilk" part of the word and she's got almost a German sound to her when she says it. It's awesome. 

She's still obsessed with puppies, but hates pretty much every other animal. We went to Cabelas a few weeks back and you should have heard the terror is her screams when we were looking at the fish. And the dead, stuffed animals? Yikes! I'm putting on money on Sophie NOT becoming a vet someday.

Lillian

She's taken a few good spills this month. Who knew a skinned nose could look so adorable?
 

 
This is how Lillian talks on the phone almost every time. Both arms just sitting in the air.
 
Lillian is a sly little creature. She knows how to get into trouble, but she knows how to act like nothing is wrong. She's sneaky and will make sure you're not looking before she grabs the bag of chips, or pushes her sister over, or colors on the wall, etc. Seriously, the other day I blinked and this girl had the kitchen floor covered in flour. She's tricky...

But on that same note, she's the sweetest girls I've ever met. She's constantly making sure that everyone around her has the things they need or that belong to her. If you left your shoes by the door, she'll run and get them for you. If Sophie's binky is across the room, she'll make sure it's safely in her mouth asap. And she does all of that without being asked. It's adorable. 

She's also really quick to give hugs and kisses. The other day, I was doing some writing and happened to get a little teary eyed. Lillian noticed and leaned over to kiss my cheek. It was honestly one of the sweetest moments of my life. She's is really aware of the people around her and what they need right at that moment. 

Lillian is a jabberer (pretty sure that isn't a word...) she's been just one step behind Sophie with this whole talking thing, but she's now in the phase that Sophie has been in for a few months. It's hilarious because the two of them will "talk" like they're saying really important things. Every once and a while, you can hear a "puppy", "cheese", "daddy", "mel-mo" (Elmo) or other 'real' words, but she's constantly chatting. Moments of silence are almost non-existent in this house. :)

And together





The girls moved out of their cribs this month (which I will write about very, very soon), but in a nutshell, it's been awful. They haven't slept well since last Thursday and they've been suuuper cranky. I'm really hoping they get the hang of it soon, because I was at the end of my rope three days ago. 

I'm not sure what else to say other than they're best friends. They feed off each other so much and are constantly by each other's side.They hold hands, hug, give kisses, share food, give each other 'knuckles' and if one runs one way, the other will almost always follow. 

But they can also fight like it's nobody's business. Oh can they fight. Sometimes I'm shocked at how mean they are to each other, but I'm equally shocked (and happy) at how quickly they are to forgive and go along playing like nothing happened. 

Our family continues to feel so perfect with them. In just a month it will be two years since they joined our family and to use the overly cheesy and overly used Mormon phrase, it really has been the best two years. We love them and our family feels perfect with them in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment