A year ago today, we signed the closing papers on our house. I think it's funny how different my life was on that day.
The babies looked like this
and now they look like this
(and it's increasingly harder to get a decent picture of them together)
Josh was still going to work at 3 in the morning. I had no idea that my new best friends were living 50 feet away from us. I had no idea how quickly I would fall in love with our home. It's perfect for us. The area is perfect for us. And I can't wait for the many, many years to come.
And what's a more perfect way to celebrate a year in your house than putting in sod? It's a little embarrassing that it took us a year to get it in (we were supposed to have it in 3 months after we moved in. Oops...) But it was delivered this morning and in before we know it.
It's been a good year. I am so, so happy that we signed those papers a year ago.
so fun to own your own home! congrats on year one. ;) ps your girls are to die for.
ReplyDeleteExciting!! Can't wait to see the finished product-I assume you'll post pictures? Please do! Would love to see. Darling irks!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome. It seems weird how long we've been in our house too...but I have to admit that I'm jealous you've made good friends close to you...we're struggling with that part. Can't wait to see how the yard turns out!
ReplyDelete