6.21.2012

Write

Remember how I said I wanted to start a new blog? Well I did. And so far, just for me. It's a journal. No pictures, no offending people, no reservations, no walking on eggshells that the internet has created. And you know what? I feel like me again. I was a big journal writer growing up. I probably have at least 15. I wrote almost every day and really was able to get things out. For one reason or another, when I got married I stopped. I guess that's because I had Josh around all the time and was able to get everything out to him.

Over the past 3 1/2 years though, I've realized that while talking to Josh is good, I need to write. I've been stuck. I miss talking to paper (or in this case, a screen. I haven't dropped the idea of an actual ink-written journal though). I miss understanding my thoughts in a way that only I can understand them. I miss my mind.

I know I've alluded to things on this blog, but the past few months have been tricky. Some really stressful things have happened to our family. I've wanted to talk to everyone, yet no one. Those few "lucky" (and I use quotes because that adjective is subjective) people that I have talked to are probably sick of me. I'm sick of me. That's why I need to dump it somewhere, but somewhere where  *I* can really learn to understand it.

So, I come back to writing. Writing is my greatest form of therapy, even more so than dance every was (and I'll have you know that I've been doing a lot of dancing in my house lately. I've still *sort of* got it...). Writing allows me to tap into my mind. Into my soul. Into my fears, wishes, desires and hopes. I've only written a couple entries so far, but it's done me a world of good and I can see the world more clearly.

If you've got something(s) on your mind, write it down. Think it out. Get it out. Publish it for all to see or write it on the back of a receipt, crumble it up and throw it out. Just get it out.

Like I said, I feel like me again. I feel more motivated for self improvement and have thought of several goals and come up with plans on how I want to tackle them. Hopefully, I can channel this 'new me' into being a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and blogger.

Writing is good. Writing is healthy. I vote that everyone starts writing. 

And that's what I have to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. If there is something I need to say, it always comes out better on paper. I always did that in high school too. I had a small notebook full of thoughts or lyrics to songs that were perfect for how I was feeling at the time.

    ReplyDelete