6.04.2012

A little helper

I was going to save this as one of the bullet points in the upcoming 22 months post, but I thought it deserved one on its own, especially since I've been so frustrated with and complaining about Lillian lately. 

Lillian has a huge heart. She's always been the cuddler and the one to give the cheesy smiles, but that love is now starting to transfer over to her actions. She's really turning into a sweet little helper. For the last couple of days, Sophie has been reeeeeally clingy and she's only wanted me. It's exhausting. She constantly has to be held. And when we're at home, that means I have to hold her blanket, too. There have been many times where she's forgets to grab her blanket before she runs into my arms and most of the time, I'm not too thrilled about getting it. A couple days ago, I asked Lillian if she could get Sophie her blanket. To my surprise, she jumped up, grabbed it and plopped it on my lap. Since then, she takes every opportunity to get her sister's blanket for her.

And last night, I don't know how it happened, but somehow we didn't get Sophie out of her high chair after dinner. We just left her there for a good 10 minutes. What did Lillian do? She assumed her sister would get bored and knew she'd want her blanket, so she delivered the goods. And yes, by this point Sophie was not happy about her situation... 

And do you see it? She's even offering up her blanket to Sophie. 
That's unheard of.

Lillian is also quick to give hugs, kisses, scratch my back, pick of toys, wait patiently while I'm taking care of her sister, etc.

Although she hasn't been sleeping well and she sometimes drives me nuts, I just love my messy faced, crazy haired Lillian Jean. 

A blurry picture, but I love it.

2 comments: