6.15.2012

A few things

I have been a terrible blogger lately. I hope you accept my semi-sincere apologies.

Here's what we've been up to...

Spending an unhealthy amount of time on Pinterest. 

Watching So You Think You Can Dance?. The girls love it and dance around in front of the television whenever it's on.
 (And I was super excited to see a few old dance company friends on the SLC auditions. Ah... I miss it)

Not shopping at WalMart
 (One month and counting as of today. This is a lifetime commitment, folks. I've loved it so far.)

Not returning phone calls. Chances are if you've left me a message, I haven't returned it. 
Yes, I suck. Please forgive me. 
(That means you, A and M and S...) 

Being amazed that in 5 days it will be the anniversary of this happening. 
 I kind of want to have a party. Is that weird? Probably.

Spending waaaaay too many lazy mornings with my favorite two little girls. 

Thinking about the future and being slightly terrified of it. 

Deciding that I maybe-might-sort of-kind of take a small break from school.

Listening to this song over and over again. I can't get over Bon Iver's amazing beautiful, slightly uncomfortable, haunting, addicting voice in this song.
 Ugh. It's just beautiful. 

Becoming less and less politically opinionated. I just don't care anymore. I'm over it. 

Dealing with the worst allergy flair up I've ever had. I've been drugged up with a rice pack on my face for a good chunk of the week. Yuck. 

 Vacuuming every day since Tuesday. Why you ask? Because we got a Dyson and it's changed my life. I love it and don't think I could ever settle for a cheap vacuum again. Luckily, we got a killer deal on ours so it technically was a 'cheap' one. 

Looking at beautiful photographers' work and wishing I were better. 

Making dinner 3 times last week (at least I think that was last week...) That never happens. It certainly didn't happen this week. I really really want to get into the habit of it though because every month I go over our spending and have to scrape my jaw off the ground at the $$$$$$$ that we spend on eating out. (Ok, it's not quite that many $'s, but it's a lot and it's ridiculous.)

Falling in love with parts of Josh that I never knew existed. It's amazing to me that we've been best friends for almost 5 years and there are still conversations and past memories that we haven't shared.

Playing outside a lot and eating a lot of "posculls" as the girls would say.

Speaking of outside, guess who's getting grass in the next few days?! I'm SO excited to have a yard of our own after 6 years of not really having one. Really, I haven't been this excited in a while. 

And as far as pictures go... 
Our new vacuum! And here's how much junk it got off the space JUST in front of the couch! Incredible, right? I emptied it at least 4 more times doing the rest of the house.

Hanging out with the girls in bed
And a couple of them outside



It's shaping up to be a pretty good summer.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah ... I need a Dyson.

    My allergies were HORRIBLE about two weeks ago. Then I had to go up to Girls' Camp in a foreign, dry, windy environment and I swear I thought I was going to die. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome for the song! I love it too! Have you listened to "Snow White" by Jaymay? IT IS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to mention that Dyson's are known for pulling up the carpet fibers. So all that gross stuff may just be your carpet, not grossness.
    I have missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete