9.02.2011

Cry baby

These babies did not handle their latest round of shots very well. Not at all. Sophie has had a fever since Tuesday and she won't let me put her down. She's currently lethargic on my lap wining because I'm pretty sure she wants to watch Elmo videos on youtube. Lillian took to them a little better, but because Sophie is on edge, so is she. I'm not going to lie, this week has sucked. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Sophie smile since Monday and truthfully, I'm getting a little worried. She's been drugged up, had no appetite and is the clingiest baby ever. She's also slept like a rock. Thursday night, she slept for 12 1/2 hours. That's insane. Their longest stretch has only been about 10 hours, and then they'll only take one nap. On Thursday, she not only slept that long at night, but then took a 3 hour nap just a few hours later. It would be awesome if she wasn't miserable and if I didn't have another child who never sleeps that well. Their naps schedules are no longer synced, so I've pretty much always had a baby awake. I'm over it. In fact, I'm so over it that I had an absolute meltdown in the Smith's parking lot last night. Both babies were screaming in their car seats and I lost it. Josh sat patiently in the car until we all calmed down. Turns out the babies never calmed down, so we went in anyway. At least one of us is trying to be a big girl... :)

This experience has made me want to learn a little more about vaccines. I've been sent several links from a few people and truthfully there's some scary stuff that we inject into our kids. I think after all is said and done, I'm pretty sure we'll be a delaying/selective vaccinating family.

So needless to say, I haven't taken a single picture this week. I was however, looking through older pictures of the babies and I stumbled across this goody.

IMG_4843 

I laughed and laughed and laughed last night when I found it. 

Bottom line-
These babies are adorable even if they cry all the time.


And just in case you're wondering what Elmo videos we've been watching... I'm pretty sure we're responsible for at least 100,000 of this one's views. In fact, when I was singing it to the girls last night, Josh corrected me on my quakes. Apparently I was singing it wrong. :)

What can I say? It's been a long week.


7 comments:

  1. Audrey used to SHRIEK when she saw Elmo. She loved him so much! She still does like him but she doesn't squeal anymore when he's on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh - if you guys are 100,000 of the views, we are the other 26 million something. holy cow. We switch between that and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2f38iPBeI - That is what is playing through my head at night when i go to sleep..

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are very few things harder than two babies crying in a car. Might I also sympathize with their off nap schedule. I am sorry for your week. Next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this post made me want to give you a hug. I know too well how exhausting and draining it can be to have a fussy yet crying baby and then on top of that not to get a chance to have them both down for a nap. These days make us appreciate the days when everything runs smoothly. sending you all a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to STRONGLY re-consider whether you should give boosters of theses shots when they are due - especially Sophie. I really LOVED the Dr. Sears Vaccine Book. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that pic of the babies is sooooo cute! I cannot believe their eyes! And their skinny legs! Mmm Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG US TOOO! Seriously, we've watched this so many times it's not even funny! I want to leave comments on every single post but I have an online test to take. Let me just sum it up here: Your girls are adorable and your posts still make me laugh! Oh, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete