This is a little late, but here's the month-by-month update of the babies. We weren't able to get them in to the doctor until yesterday, so I wasn't sure of their official stats.So without further ado...
Sophie
Weight 20lbs 6oz ~ 25th percentile
Height 30 1/2 inches ~ 80th percentile
Head (seriously, why do they measure that?) 44.25 cm~ 10th percentile
Wanna guess how Lillian measures up? The exact same. They've been that way since they were 2 months old and it makes this mama suspicious. Very suspicious. I swear they're fraternal. I swear.
Basically,
we have skinny, tall girls with tiny heads. I guess I'd be more
suspicious if they were short, chubby with big heads. Not that children
that shape are suspicious, but if you look at Josh and I, it's no
surprise that our children look the way they do.
I talk about their personalities a lot, but here I go again...
Sophie
This girl is still a firecracker. Sometimes I look at her and think, "Where did you come from?!" She'll walk up to me, give me a concerned scowl and start babbling in a very intense voice and end with a sigh and walk off. It's hysterical.

Sophie is very picky eater and her taste buds are constantly changing. Yesterday, I tried to give her mashed and she looked at me as though I had given her tar. She definitely did not want any. Her most favorite treat are goldfish crackers and her least favorite would have to be anything cold.
She's weaned herself off the binkie, but every once and a while, she'll find one and pop it in. It always surprises me because sometimes at night, when I wouldn't mind her to take one, she refuses. If she finds it on her own though, she'll sometimes suck on it for a couple of minutes, but she always takes it out and tosses it.
Sophie laughs all the time. She thinks just about everything is funny. Scratch your head? Hysterical. Drop something on the floor? Knee slapping. Sneeze? That might just make her bust a gut. She gets in really silly moods and her smile is pretty contagious. I love it.

Lillian
Lillian has sort of turned into the leader of the pair. She's usually the one that decides when it's time to go upstairs, when it's time to play by the back door, when it's time to go outside, etc. Sophie catches on pretty quickly and they both let me know what they want to do. 90% of the time though, it's Lillian who first thought up the idea.
This girl is in every crack, every crawl space, every drawer, under every chair, in every bin, etc ALL the time. Her newest place to place is in the kitchen drawers. Don't worry, we've now child proofed them. :)
Lillian is a pretty fast learner. It only took a few days of watching Sophie walk before she decided that she could do it too. She also picked up clicking her tongue really quick too. Same with clapping on demand and realizing she knew where her head was.
Lillian still growls. If you growls or talk in a deep, scratchy voice she'll do it right back. I love it and I hope it never stops.
Lillian loves stuffed animals. I mean loves them. She's usually always clinging on to one and refuses to fall asleep unless she's got something in her crib.



I know I say this all the time, but these guys are really becoming best friends. They get SO excited when they see each other in the morning and spend so much time chasing each other around and giggling every day.






I don't know what else to say besides that I'm so glad these two little Jubes are in our family.
I've been reading a blog over here (http://www.thesefour.com/) and her twin daughters are now three I think, maybe almost four. But when one of them was younger, she had to wear a helmet and I think part of the reason the problem was found was because of her head size. I guess it's something they watch for.
ReplyDeleteOh, they are cute!!! I love the picture of them looking at the camera. both smiling. happy as can be! Such fun girls! They seem very very busy. And you must be busy too! Such a fun stage of life!
ReplyDeleteVery cute. My girls turn a year on Friday and I can't wait to see how much they've grown. It's crazy that they are exact in size. How cute. Can you tell them apart from the back? I'm curious cause I can't with mine.
ReplyDeleteWhat cutie pies! They are so adorable. Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteNo creepy thoughts, you kind of made my day. :) Thanks for stopping by. They have gotten so big since the last time I've checked your blog. I am so crazy baby hungry right now.
ReplyDelete