But I am. Ya know, I think I'm a bit addicted to blogging. I once was addicted to writing in a journal, but haven't done that since I've been married. I do, however, have over a dozen journals that I've filled over my life time, so I feel pretty good about that. Sometimes, bloggers make apologies for blogging so much, but ya know what? I don't care. Truthfully, I blog so my girls can learn about their first few years (and no, that was not a prediction that I'll stop blogging after toddlerhood) I blog so I can remember all the little details of their lives (I love looking back and reading posts from when they were tiny. I've already forgotten SO much that happened. I'm glad I've blogged a lot of it). I blog so I can show off their adorableness, because let's face it- they're adorable. :) Basically I'm justifying myself for blogging so much. Justifying to blog on a Saturday morning, but really I don't feel like I need to because Saturdays aren't really Saturdays at our house. Mondays and Tuesdays are our Saturdays. That's what happens when the husband work schedule is crazy. Ok, enough blabbering. Moving on...
I'm sure y'all (yep, a Utah girl just said y'all) don't really care about my key fiasco, but like I don't care about blogging so much, I don't care if you care. Remember, this blog is for me. ;) BUT I had to update and share the happy news that replacing my key wasn't as dramatic as I assumed. We didn't have to drive an hour away, only 10 minutes. We didn't have to spend $200 on a new key, it was only $40! Plus, we bought two keyfobs so now we don't have to turn the car on and throw it in reverse if we want to unlock it! That would have really, really come in handy on this morning...
I'm over it though and today I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Hurray!
So that's my happy update. I think I'm still going to hang the keys on our bulletin board or possible buy a cute key holder like this one or this one or this one or make something like this to make sure that I always know where my keys are. Oh and I think I should also get this, brought to my attention by Dani.
GENIUS.
Another thing on a completely unrelated note, my Dad's mom (more pictures here) lives in Florida (tucked back in a city that should be safe from the hurricane...). She doesn't have a computer, so she doesn't read this blog. Instead, I print off pictures and mail them to her. I'm pretty forgetful, so over the course of the girls' year long life, I'm probably only done it 3 or 4 times (and in comparison to how much I blog, that's pathetic) but when I do send pictures, I make sure I send pictures. She called to thank me for the last batch she had gotten the other day and had counted the pictures that I had sent her. 137. That's a lot of pictures. Especially for my grandparent's generation. She joked that she wasn't even sure if she had that many pictures of her entire marriage and all 3 of their kids until they moved out. I realized then how lucky I am to be able to have so many pictures of my girls because of the digital world (although, I still want to continue dabbling in film photography. It's actually really fun!). Sometimes I wonder if I've taken too many, but I've come to the conclusion that I should take as many as I can now, because there will be a time in the not too distant future that they wont want their pictures taken. I'll be the annoying mom demanding that my children say "CHEESE!" on the first day of school, at performances, at parties, etc, etc. So no, I don't regret taking so many. Even though too many of them are just sitting on my computer, I'm glad I have them. This conversation with my grandma has also made me want to do something with my pictures. I conveniently have pre-made scrapbooks that one of my old Young Women's leader made for the girls. All I have to do is print off the pictures and stick them in! I'm going to do it and I'll be sure to blog about it (of course) when it's done.
And just because this is another wordy, random post here's a couple of pictures of the girls from yesterday.


Saturdays aren't really saturdays in our family either. and blogging rocks. Always enjoy reading yours.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out! I love those options for the key holders - although knowing my track record, i would lose them before they even made it up there.
ReplyDeleteI love your posts. And the one where you had to carry them out to the car was hilarious. I was laughing so hard cause I myself have smacked my girls heads on doors getting them places. And usually somebody watches me do it.
ReplyDelete