8.15.2011

The weekend

This weekend was a good one. I was scared it was going to be horrible, because we had a nasty 24 hour bug on Thursday, but after a 10 hour sleep on Thursday night, we were feeling OK on Friday. We decided to take it easy, but we still wanted to do something fun. Josh's work gave us a coupon booklet of free stuff to do in the month of August, so we decided to go check out This Is The Place Park and Red Butte Garden. Oddly enough, I've lived in Utah for all 23 years of my life and have never been to either of these places. Crazy! I didn't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few. 

IMG_0063
Josh with Lillian by the horses. Sophie did NOT want to go anywhere near those things. I'm secretly (or not so secretly if you worked with me a few summers ago) terrified of horses too, so I can't blame her. 

IMG_0067
Josh and Lillian recreating  this picture. There was goat behind that gate...

IMG_0070
Lillian LOVED the animals. Sophie? She clung to me, freaking out. Hence no pictures of her. 

IMG_0087
Tired Lillian and curious Sophie

And now for Red Butte

IMG_0101

and since there's so many pictures of Lillian at This Is The Place, here's a couple of Sophie

IMG_0108

IMG_0109
Love, love, love her huge giggly smile.

I didn't really get pictures of the actual places, but nobody here really cares about that, right?
Thought so.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. gah! my child needs those jeggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jeggings.. adorable! Millie has some, but not like those. To die for! What a fun day! You wanna know whats funny?! i don't think I've ever heard of those places. Sad! Us provo-ians must've really lived in a bubble. Looks fun though!

    ReplyDelete