8.25.2011

Pickle face

Sometimes, I don't know what to feed these babies. One day, they'll eat anything and everything under the sun. The next, they only want milk... for days. Apparently this is normal, but most days I try to make them eat something. Yesterday was one of those days where they didn't want much. They ate a few Cheerios and cheese chunks in the morning, but that was about it. Oh and I guess Lillian and I shared a pear, but they refused toast, hard boiled, cream of wheat, and  green beans. There have been days where the attempted food list has been double that, but after the failed egg I got the idea to pull out the pickles. Dill pickles. I think we've given them a taste or two if we're eating a burger or something, but they've never really chowed down on pickles before. It was pretty hilarious...


IMG_9894 (2) 

IMG_9908 

They kept looking at each other and giggling while I'm sure thinking, "What the crap did mom give us?"
IMG_9919 (2)

IMG_9901 (2)

IMG_9910 (2) 

IMG_9904 (2)

IMG_9898 (2) 

 They must of liked them though because they ate the entire things!
Oh and they have crazy hair because they had just woken up from their nap.
These girls rock the bed head.

And on an unrelated note, I can't find my keys. I think we may have driven off when they were on the roof of our car (obviously that means Josh had his keys...) or maybe a baby swiped them and made them disappear. Either way, I think they're in key heaven. I looked for at least two hours yesterday. I looked in every drawer, pockets, cupboard, toy bin, in the couch cushions, through all the laundry, in the car, under the car, on the street, etc, etc. We're making copies of all the keys today, but it bugs me that they've vanished. So, if anyone makes a trip to key heaven and sees a set with a Boarders rewards card, a USU fresh values card and a blinking 'Brittany' key chain with the Sears Tower on it, send it our way.

8 comments:

  1. Cute! That is so funny...I just gave Millie a taste of a pickle two days ago. She wasn't sure about it. Kinda made a sour face. So funny! I love that they are looking at each other like "you like it too?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their faces are way too cute. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. That first one of them looking at eachother is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have your girls always been this way? Olivia is only 8 months but really isn't into food much. ONe day she will eat (still not a lot, but for her it is) and the next day the same food seems disgusting to her. Do I just keep trying?

    LOVE the pickle faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pickles are such great things. My parents gave me pickles to teethe on and I turned out mostly OK. Your girls are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, pickles are a vegetable so they're actually eating "healthy" - Good Job Mom! lol!

    As for the keys, they'll probably turn up somewhere like behind the books in a bookcase or in a seldomly worn shoe in your closet. Because babies like to stash important things in hidden places. Trust me. Unless they threw them in the garbage. Cause thats happened to us a few times. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh they are getting so big!! and way to go on giving them pickles. :)

    p.s. sorry you lost your keys!! that is no bueno. hopefully they turn up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! I love the "what the crap did mom give us?" line. I feel like that all the time with my girls.

    ReplyDelete