8.08.2011

A great aunt's intuition

I have an aunt who is awesome. Ok, I have 7 aunts who are awesome, but this post is only about one of them (sorry ladies). I found out I was having twins at 12 weeks, so I didn't know the gender(s). Since the girls are fraternal (and yes, we are 100% sure about that. 99.999% of people who meet them can tell them apart within 3 seconds of seeing them) there was a chance of two girls, two boys, or one of each and we didn't find out until I was 20 weeks along. Around 17 weeks, my aunt gives me a calls me in a panic. Apparently her husband and kids were making fun of her because she came home with several outfits for my baby girls. Only...we didn't know they were girls yet. We laughed about it and I said that I hoped for two girls, but I wouldn't find out for another few weeks. Well, as soon as we found out we had two little girls coming our way, one of the first things Josh said was, "Karen was right!" So, I'm convinced that she has super human premonition. She knew we were having girls before anyone else did and provided them with some adorable outfits. They've outgrown 2 out of 3 of the outfits, but I was happy to see that the 18 month outfits fit them with a little bit of wiggle room.

IMG_4886

IMG_5689
IMG_9567

IMG_9576

IMG_9600edit
Those really are shorts that go down to their knees. It's funny what crawling does to the positioning of clothing...

Aren't they adorable? I'm glad her premonition was correct. I love having little girls.

And I think it's great to look back at the pictures from when these girls were tiny, tiny. My pictures skillz (yes, with a 'z') have gotten a lot better thanks to Sharon.

p.s. These girls turn a year old TOMORROW! Do you understand what that means? I will have two one year old babies TOMORROW. I am a little bit speechless.

5 comments:

  1. Ben and Emma will be TWO in 101 days and I am already in mourning...Am I pathetic or what??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice pictures!!! Beautiful...Greetings from Germany :) Julia & Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Birthday was fun but hard for me. I hate telling people my boys are one now. Actually 13 months...tomorrow! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, those are the cutest outfits I have ever seen! I love the zebra print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. They are the cutest! You have such a beautiful family, and a beautiful little blog.

    ReplyDelete