7.06.2011

4th

Most everyone did their obligatory recap of the weekend yesterday, but I already had the sippy cup post scheduled, so I was lazy and just went with that. But if you read other blogs, you might notice a pattern in everyone's 4th of July weekend. Food, family, friends, parades, fireworks. That's pretty much how ours went too. We went to the Freedom Festival in Provo, which would have been fun if we wouldn't have gone in the middle of nap time. The girls were not very happy about 15 minutes into it. I got my first snow cone of the summer and am convinced that no one makes them as good as the shack in the Hastings parking lot in Logan, Utah. 

IMG_8588
Aren't their faces fantastic? 

IMG_8600
I made their clips out of an old t shirt with this tutorial by my friend, Marie {who has a daughter also born on 8/9/10!}. I should have used a smaller clip and ended up switching them backwards so the big metal part wasn't in the front. Anyway...

IMG_8604
Lillian has been obsessed with clapping lately. It's adorable. 

IMG_8595
A little snack to try to keep the girls happy. 

We went back to my parent's, ate food, watched True Grit (and no, my sister did not cry for those of you who get that joke...) and almost got rained out, but luckily it stopped and we had a great firework show. Several of our neighbors had the newly legal ariel fireworks, which was cool because we got to enjoy them without paying for them. :) We put the babies down at their normal bed time and then woke them up with a few fireworks to go. I wanted them to see them, but there's no way I wanted to have them stay up until 11. The girls were pretty entertaining to watch...

IMG_8621

IMG_8625
Lillian was more entertaining that Sophie. Neither girl cried, but Lillian was very, very unsure about what was going on.  This next one is my favorite...

IMG_8615
Look at her eyes!!!! I love it. 

And finally, when everything was over, we tried to get a family picture. I say tried because none of them were turning out. I have a whole slew of hilarious bloopers, but this one is the most normal looking one we got. 
And yes, I'm wearing my little sister's high school shirt. I had an unfortunate experience with some very hot water when I was cleaning our cotton candy machine. 

IMG_8635

Hope you all had a great 4th!

7 comments:

  1. 1. Lillians face in the first picture is priceless.
    2. Red nail polish on your girls? LOVE it.
    3. You were in Provo and you didn't come see us? We practically live in the middle of the Freedom Festival.
    4. You have the second cutest set of twins I've ever seen. (They're the number 1 set of girl-twins though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are too cute. And I second the best snow cone thing. Hastings parking lot is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits, cute clips, cute nails, cute faces...adorable girls! Your family is so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clips you made for your girls! Can't wait to do that for mine. And the nail polish... I'm very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cuties! Love the pictures and the eyes! :oP Also love the nail polish! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious are you girls! What a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...girls are so fun! I love the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete