A lot has happened this month. The girls got their own home, were separated into different rooms,
have practically weaned themselves off of formula, seen fireworks,
climbed up stairs, played outside more than in their entire life, met
new friends at church, and have made a noticeable difference in regards of becoming legitimate people. One month until they are a whole year old. I can't say that I'm sad about that. Unlike most parents, I didn't enjoy the newborn phase so much. Ok, maybe that was bad of me to say, but I'm enjoying these stages so much more. When they were tiny tiny, I had no idea what I was doing. I was overwhelmed, under-confident, sleep deprived, stressing over my milk, and the list goes on and on. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but 'fun' was not a word I would use to describe those first few months. Now, when people ask me how it is to have twins, one of the only words I can think of to describe it is 'fun'. It truly, truly is and it's getting more and more fun every day.
Sophie




She's still our little drama queen. She's also a little ham. She is fully aware of her emotions and is constantly playing them up. Sometimes I wonder if we have a future Oscar winner in our house because the little acts she plays are that good.
Sophie has really taken 'talking' on lately. She's quite a chatterbox. Yesterday, she crawled up to Lillian, getting a inch and a half away, and yelled, "Badobabedadabooda!". Lillian blank little stare turned into an adorable smile. It was such a special moment between twins. I loved it.
I'm just waiting for Sophie to get the guts up to take steps on her own. She walks everywhere she can while holding onto your hands, she uses the high chairs as walkers in the kitchen and she continues to stand up without holding onto anything. I'm 99% sure she'll be the first out of the pair to take those first steps.
Actually, I guess she's sorta taken a few steps on her own. If you sit in front of her and let her go, sometimes she'll take a step or two, get a HUGE smile on her face and then plop down. She's close. I can feel it.
Sophie has recently turned into a scaredy-cat. She's now over her fear of the turkey, but has since moved to being startled by just about everything. She's also really apprehensive toward strangers. And not even just people she's never met. If she's in an iffy mood, and you're not her mom or dad, she will let you know. So don't feel bad if she screams in your face. I promise it's not just you.
Lillian




The last few weeks in our apartment were really hard with her. She was grumpy all the time, she was really fussy and was walking up at least twice during the night. A few days after we got into the house, I took a peak inside her mouth and say THREE new teeth! A new bottom tooth and two top teeth instantly appeared over night. I'm pretty confident that these teeth are the explanation of her rough couple of weeks. It's crazy though, because I felt her mouth (so did the pediatrician) and we couldn't feel anything. Now that they've popped through, she's much happier, sleeping through the night and we have our sweet little baby back. Mama is very happy about it.
Lillian is now getting brave enough to stand on her own. She used to be really scared whenever we would let go of her, but now she gets a huge smile on her face and is so proud when she's able to stand for a few seconds.
This girl can eat. Anything and everything we put in front of her, she will consume. I've even found several pieces of carpet in her diapers lately... Oops....
Lillian is starting to love stuffed animals. We have a little pink bear and a pink pig that one of my mom's coworkers gave the girls, and those are her favorite. She's become quite attached to them and one of them is usually in the crib with her at night.
Lillian is stunningly cute. Sometimes Josh and I will just sit and stare at her wondering how she got to be so adorable. Sophie is pretty adorable too, but she's usually too grumpy for us to fully appreciate it. ;)



As I mentioned, the girls have stopped drinking so much. They actually drink better if we give them whole milk. I know, I know, they're 11 months old, but we haven't fully switched them over, they're getting half and half. They LOVE eating and would rather eat what we're eating over drinking a bottle. I like this a lot because it's not only really easy, but if forces us to eat things that I want them to eat. Fruits, veggies, whole grains (and not fake whole grains. Legitimate bread and other things that only has 5 ingredients), etc.
These girls love their dad. He's their favorite person in the entire world. It's super, super cute seeing their faces light up and their little feet start to kick whenever he comes home.
I know I say this every month, but the girls continue to become friends. It's now to the point where I can put a baby gate across their bedroom doorway, throw in some toys and cheese sticks and they'll play for an hour or so without any issues. I love it.
Yep, we still love them. We've almost survived the 'twinfant' stage and I must say that I'm pretty proud of ourselves. Josh and I were just talking about how crazy it is that we have two babies and how different our lives would be if we just had one. I'm truly grateful for these little ladies and am continually humbled by the thought of being their mother.
We love them so, so much.
They're so cute! I wouldn't worry about the milk thing. Audrey self-weaned around then, too, and she never really wanted to drink cow's milk. She still doesn't. She has it in her cereal and occasionally asks for a cup. It's more important that they get fruits, veggies, whole grains and such. That's the best way to get the nutrients you need, not through another animal's muscle and milk!
ReplyDeleteThe second picture down of Sophie looks like she's thinking, "I'm going to pound you..like this." Haha, it's hilarious! I seriously love your girls. Wish I could come play with them and see just how entertaining they really are. Happy 11 months girlies!
ReplyDeleteAhh, I need to come see you guys, they are getting so big! They are looking more and more different...I'm sure even more so to you guys with their different personalities.
ReplyDeleteThey are sooo cute!!! Sounds like quite the month! Lots going on. Happy 11 months!
ReplyDeleteThey are sooo cute!!! Sounds like quite the month! Lots going on. Happy 11 months!
ReplyDeleteCan you believe we're at 11 months already? Kinda freaks me out a bit. :) And isn't it nice to almost be done with formula? You're probably twice as excited, obviously.
ReplyDelete