12.17.2010

So so sad.

This had me in tears this morning. It had me in tears again as I watched the news at noon. I wish I could count the times and memories I have had in this building. My mom sings in a local choir and I grew up going to multiple concerts here each year. Every single stake conference until college was held here. My little sister learned to crawl up stairs the first time in this building (did you know that, Kels?). I used to fall asleep on my dad's lap on these benches. I used to race my siblings down the stairs. Seriously, I am devastated. I've always been a very sentimental person, but I had no idea the love I could feel for a building. Honestly, when I first heard the news I thought I was going to throw up. I feel like such a boob, but I can't help it. SO many childhood memories just went up in flames.


Excuse me while I go cry some more.

p.s. I don't want you to harp on the sad news. Look at the post of the babies below. You will be happy again.

6 comments:

  1. My daughter also learned to crawl up stairs in the Tabernacle! My husband taught her while I was in a choir dress rehearsal.

    I agree, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom had many, many meetings in this building also, and was so sad to learn of the fire. It is a very devastating loss, particularly for those in the community and those that used it often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned to climb stairs THERE!? What! Sad! I thought it was you... apparently I read your blog posts way too quickly. I loved that building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you hear about the picture of the Savior and the angels? How it was on the East entrance, the one we always go in, and how you could see it in the flames untouched and then after the fire went out it was still there, with everything burned around it but Jesus in the center? You should look it up. I got chills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=460&sid=13709985&pid=4


    Insane.

    ReplyDelete