12.21.2010

Mama has no self control

IMG_5532

Sometimes moms get so excited for their kids' new outfits that they open them and put them on 4 days before Christmas.
Ooops....

Also, our new header/Christmas card was done by the fabulous Jessie.

And I've been kinda having creepy feelings about my pictures being on this blog so I thought of my options.
1. Go private
(blog suicide in my opinion and not an option)
or
2. Make my picture un-stealable
(yes, that's what I said. Translation = not able to take directly from my blog.)

Now, I understand this has lots of potential problems mainly for the Grandmothers, but I've recently read a few articles about internet creepos and families that see their pictures on various websites and such without their permission and it sorta creeped me out. Plus, I've been getting a lot more traffic since the babies have come and although I'm sure you all are great people, I'm a teeny bit freaked out by it. So, I got a flickr account (or started using the one I've had all along) and I'm going to up load my pictures through that. That means that grandmas (or creeps who simply want my pictures) wont be able to take them directly from the blog.

So, if you are someone non creepy and want a picture. Just send me an email (or call, or tell Josh, or whatever) and I'll be more than happy to email you the actual file.

Hope that doesn't cause too much trouble, but like I said, I'd like a little more control of my pictures than what I currently have.

And here's an outtake form the photoshoot this morning.

IMG_5540

Poor Lillian. Good thing I just put Sophie in a new diaper.

7 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Seriously, round and pudgy. Perfect.

    You can disable right-click on your blog ... go here for the instructions:

    http://www.bloggertricks.com/2007/12/how-to-disable-right-click-in.html

    The guy seems to think it's lame but I don't, so whatev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good move. And those outfits are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. i CANNOT wait to see the girls + you + josh tomorrow night!!

    2. their outfits are adorable. i totally would have opened them early too.

    3. thanks for the shout-out :) your blog header looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with your choice about pictures... I have your blogged saveed as a favorite and check it out from time to time. I am a fellow mom of twins! (My identical girls are 2 1/2 years old now) I think I got the link to this blog from the "How do you do it?" blog???

    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and say I am a non-creepy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them! They are getting soo big!

    I copied you with the flickr idea. One, because my memory with picasa is up, and two, I don't like that people can click my pictures bigger. :) ARen't they already big enough??

    Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE outfits! Sometimes I feel bad that my blog is private and I make people log in to read it, but it seems like the ones who want to keep reading it still do and so many of them have private blogs that they're logged in anyway so it's not a big deal. I know it's not full-proof, but I LOVE how much better I feel that my babies/pictures/house aren't just out there on the internet for creeps to find. It's hard to find the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didnt KNOW you could disable right-clicking! Now my dilemma (same as yours) will be solved as well! THANKYA!
    And the girls are gorgeous, as always, btw ^_^
    Getting big!

    ReplyDelete