The babies are 4 months old. They've been outside of me half as long as they were inside of me. Blooooooooooows my mind. I know every mom says this, but I can't believe how big they're getting. They are way more entertaining than I could have ever imagined and they add so much to our family.
We are absolutely in love with our little girls.

Sophie has such a personality. She's sorta got a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on. We've even joked about how early they can detect bipolar disorder because this girl is all over the map. She'll go from a glass breaking scream to the cutest giggle in the blink of an eye. It's crazy. Luckily, we're starting to figure her out and we know how to hold her, what faces to make, and even what to say to make her smile.
She's quite a talker. Last week in church, she gave out the loudest happy scream I think I've ever heard come out of a body this small. It was hilarious. I have a feeling she'll take after her mom and she'll end up getting sent into the hall at church at school because she wont stop talking.
She also rolled over this week. It scared her a lot and she hasn't done it since. However, she's really good at standing. We'll hold her hands and she'll stand for as long as we let her. It's her preferred position and I'm terrified she's going to start walking next week. She absolutely loves it.
Sophie is a major giggler. I've got a 'look' I'll give her and she cracks up almost every time. She loves to be the center of attention and I can tell she's going to be a social butterfly. Even though she's only the oldest by two minutes, you can tell she's very concerned for and protective of Lillian (blog post coming soon). It amazing how you can feel her little body is holding such a big personality and I love figuring out who this little person is more and more each day.
She also rolled over this week. It scared her a lot and she hasn't done it since. However, she's really good at standing. We'll hold her hands and she'll stand for as long as we let her. It's her preferred position and I'm terrified she's going to start walking next week. She absolutely loves it.
Sophie is a major giggler. I've got a 'look' I'll give her and she cracks up almost every time. She loves to be the center of attention and I can tell she's going to be a social butterfly. Even though she's only the oldest by two minutes, you can tell she's very concerned for and protective of Lillian (blog post coming soon). It amazing how you can feel her little body is holding such a big personality and I love figuring out who this little person is more and more each day.
Lillian is the opposite of Sophie in so many ways. (No offense, Sophie) For the most part, Lillian is more patient and independent. Of course she cries if she needs or wants something, but she's usually content for longer periods of time and can entertain herself. Lillian goes with the flow a little better, can also have her spitfire moments.You have to work a little harder to get Lillian to smile or giggle, but when you're successful, it's the cutest thing. In the past week, she's gotten a lot more giggly and will mimic sounds you make.
She's also developed the talent of hitting herself in the stomach. It's absolutely hysterical. She'll pound and pound away until we make her stop. We think it might have something to do with the covered wagon game Josh plays with the girls, but we're not sure. Whatever makes her do it, it's very entertaining.
Lillian has rolled over several times now. Most of the time, she'll get half way there though and then give up. Her bum presents a bit of a challenge when it comes to getting all the way over, but she's content to lay there on her side. It's adorable.
I'm pretty sure Lillian will be the girl that wants to be around the crowd, but would rather sit back and listen to what everyone else has to say. She's passive, laid back and loves to look around and take everything in.

People ask all the time how we tell the girls apart. I still think they're fraternal, but who knows. Either way, their personalities make it very easy to tell them apart, but they also have many physical differences.
Lillian's face is more round.
Sophie's left ear is pushed into her head more .
(I guess she's luckily she only got one of her mom's ears?)
Lillian has a stronger widow's peak.
Sophie's got slightly bigger toes.
And they have different belly buttons.
The past 4 months have been the craziest months of my life. Josh and I are completely different people and our lives have so much more meaning. I couldn't have asked for sweeter, more entertaining babies and we love every moment with them. The lack of sleep, tears of frustration, the heaps of laundry and all the other life altering things that have happened have been more than worth it.
{doesn't her drool kill you?}
We think they're the greatest babies out there and still can't figure out why we're lucky enough to be their parents.
{doesn't her drool kill you?}We think they're the greatest babies out there and still can't figure out why we're lucky enough to be their parents.
i am soooooo in love!!! holy cow they are ADORABLE!! those pictures are amazing...ahh i can't get enough. and i can't wait to have a baby girl of my own! those bows, outfits...i can't wait :)
ReplyDeleteyou are such an amazing mom britt! those two girlies are very lucky indeed.
You have 2 freakin' cute kids!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about their personalities! They are SO cute! I can't wait to have our own!
ReplyDelete