Sophie Lynn
Weight: 9 pounds 8 oz
16th percentile
Length: 22 inches
32th percentile
Head circumference: 37 cm
8th percentile
Sophie is our emotional baby. She can go from the biggest smile in the world, to a heart stopping scream in the blink of an eye. She is obsessed with ceiling fans and loves being outside. She likes to sit up more than laying down and she holds her head up like a champ. She loves the Bumbo and loves being the center of attention. Sophie loves bath time, but cries and cries when it's time to get out. She HATES tummy time and will scream herself to sleep when I make her do it. She still fits into some newborn clothes, but has finally graduated to 0-3 month clothes. Her smile is the most precious thing in the world and her grumpy face is hysterical. She's already a great big sister (that's a post for another day) and we think she's the greatest.
Lillian Jean
Weight: 9 pounds 9 oz
17th percentile
Length: 22 inches
32th percentile
Head circumference: 36 1/2 cm
3rd percentile
Lillian is the passive baby. You have to work harder for her smiles, but you also have to do a lot more to get her to cry (not that we do things to get her to cry...that sounded wrong). She's quite a talker and loves to hear her voice. She doesn't like sitting up as much as her older sis, but loves laying on my legs and swaying back and forth. She loves kicking her legs at bath time and doesn't mind so much when it's time to get out. She gets mad when she hiccups but LOVES her Binky. She is definitely a daddy's girl and lights up when he walks into the room. She loves cuddling up to him at night and has the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen. She is a doll and I love her sweet little personality.
Looking at the stats, one would be tempted to say how little the babies are. However, their doctor said that compared to other preemie babies, he'd put them in the 80th percentile for weight and height. I'm thinking our girls will catch up and even soar above (literally) other kids soon in the height area considering their father is 6'5.
It's still hard to believe that we are actually the parents of twin girls, but we are loving every minute of it. (well, most minutes...) They're sleeping for 6 hours at night and I'm starting to feel less zombie-like. We still have yet to make a public outing without getting stopped and it seems like our entire identities have become these little girls. I think I'm ok with it though, because they're just that great.
p.s. do you see the awesome Muppets blanket the girls are on? Thanks to my friend, Jenny, they are on the pathway to becoming their mother. :)
p.p.s. This was taken in our new apartment. Don't mind the mess. Unpacking with two little babies might just be the nuttiest thing I've ever done.
16th percentile
Length: 22 inches
32th percentile
Head circumference: 37 cm
8th percentile
Sophie is our emotional baby. She can go from the biggest smile in the world, to a heart stopping scream in the blink of an eye. She is obsessed with ceiling fans and loves being outside. She likes to sit up more than laying down and she holds her head up like a champ. She loves the Bumbo and loves being the center of attention. Sophie loves bath time, but cries and cries when it's time to get out. She HATES tummy time and will scream herself to sleep when I make her do it. She still fits into some newborn clothes, but has finally graduated to 0-3 month clothes. Her smile is the most precious thing in the world and her grumpy face is hysterical. She's already a great big sister (that's a post for another day) and we think she's the greatest.
Weight: 9 pounds 9 oz
17th percentile
Length: 22 inches
32th percentile
Head circumference: 36 1/2 cm
3rd percentile
Looking at the stats, one would be tempted to say how little the babies are. However, their doctor said that compared to other preemie babies, he'd put them in the 80th percentile for weight and height. I'm thinking our girls will catch up and even soar above (literally) other kids soon in the height area considering their father is 6'5.
It's still hard to believe that we are actually the parents of twin girls, but we are loving every minute of it. (well, most minutes...) They're sleeping for 6 hours at night and I'm starting to feel less zombie-like. We still have yet to make a public outing without getting stopped and it seems like our entire identities have become these little girls. I think I'm ok with it though, because they're just that great.
p.p.s. This was taken in our new apartment. Don't mind the mess. Unpacking with two little babies might just be the nuttiest thing I've ever done.
oh my! two months already?! where has time gone, i can hardly believe it! they just keep getting cuter and cuter...i love that toothless baby grin!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are darling!!! That was a super fast 2 months wow.
ReplyDelete