7.05.2010

Officially the last time we leave Cache Valley

Ok, so I know a while ago I wrote that we were quarantined to the valley, but that was according to the Provo doctor. Our doctor in Logan gave us the clear to leave up until week 32. We've only really left the valley 3 times since our little hospital run and I think Saturday was the last time for sure. The first trip was to American Fork for a friend's wedding, the second was to the dinosaur park in Ogden with my work, and the third was to the great town of Malad, Idaho for their 4th of July celebration.

I wasn't sure what to expect from that little place as far as celebrations go, but let me tell you, Malad doesn't mess around with the 4th of July. We didn't get there until about 4 in the afternoon (I figured the later we got there, the later my body would let us stay) so we missed the parade and most of the games and contests. However, we made it just in time to catch a very HEATED argument over dodgeball. I was sure punches were going to start flying, but luckily it only escalated to swearing and threats because half of the town's men intervened. But really, dodgeball? It was hilarious. We had cotton candy (yes, even though I am the owner of a cotton candy machine, I couldn't turn down the crazy cheep price) watched Malad Idol, a hypnotists, and a surprisingly awesome display of fireworks. It was great to see Hailey and Lacy's families and all the other random connections I have with Malad. I'm such a Malad groupie and I love it. Sadly, I didn't use my camera a whole lot. I love it and bring it with me to everything we do, but lately I haven't been getting it out and actually using it. So, the entire day I only got 3 pictures. I don't know what my problem is, but it makes me sad that we didn't at least get a group shot of all of us and that I didn't document Malad awesomeness more fully. Anyways, here's what I got.


I mentioned this on facebook, but I seriously have a lazy left eye in 90% of all pictures taken of me. Lame.

This is Tad. He was definitely born in the USA.

Willie (aka Hailey Sweeten) and I waiting for fireworks. One cool thing about Idaho is that the fireworks that blow up in the air aren't illegal like they are in Utah, so the fireworks that people were shooting off themselves were MUCH more entertaining. Loved it.

I really do love Malad and I'm glad we chose to celebrate the holiday there and have our last mini getaway before these girls show up.

Friday was also filled with food and fireworks. We had a BBQ on the lawn of BRASC and watched (well tried to watch, but there was rather large tree in the way) the fireworks from the stadium. It was a lot of fun and once again I didn't get any pictures of it. I love everything about BRASC and have the greatest coworkers ever and will be sad when it's all over in a few weeks. But I don't want to think about it, so I'll end this now.

Hope you all had a happy 4th of July weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I am sooooo happy that you came to Malad and I was able to see you. I definitely think Malad was the best place for the twins to spend their 4th of July....they will have much more respect for the USA after hearing Malad Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt! You're so cute. Sounds like such a fun weekend! And I don't know if I ever got back to you about my reception - but it's totally okay that you didn't make it, I understand completely!! You're so sweet to have made plans to come though! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of you for getting to go to Malad...I have SO many memories of that place...but it's not the same to go back now, so I haven't been since my grandma died in 2005. I really do need to go back though...SO many memories...

    Ps. you look GREAT. Can't wait to see those girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great. You really don't have all that much time left, especially since you are having twins. My twin niece and nephew where just in town and just left. You are going to love it. Twins are just adorable together!

    ReplyDelete