10.15.2009

Maxine Betty Jean

{picture form Brooke's wedding Oct 2, 2007. I'm not wearing shoes because 3 inch heals make me taller than my brother/father and they didn't think that was cool for pictures...}

This beautiful woman is Maxine Betty Jean Hecke Herdman. She is the most amazing woman I know, with the most fantastic stories. We just spent the last 2 1/2 hours chatting on the phone about everything from the temples to the Taylor Swift/Kanye drama (yes, she's that cool). She's hysterical, loving, spiritual, beautiful, inspirational, talented, dedicated, and hip (haha...Fro). She is everything I hope to someday be. She lives in Florida and I still ache for her old house in Fillmore where the carpet was a different color (lime green, pink, maroon, orange, etc) in every room. She's almost 85 years old and is the strongest women I've met. She has such a love for her your sweetheart and I know she can't wait to be reunited with him. She always makes you feel like a million bucks and teaches me a lesson every time I talk to her. I truly hope I can live up to her legacy and that I have a sliver of her Maxine-ness.
I love you grandma.

3 comments:

  1. Britt, I think it's official that you are my hero for writing about Grandma! I love her and you so much! I talked with her on Tuesday, and we talked about Taylor too, gotta love Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met her and she is all of those things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest...and hottest in black.

    ReplyDelete