10.08.2009

falter

Main Entry: 1fal·ter
Pronunciation: \ˈfl-tər\
Function: verb
intransitive verb 1 a : to walk unsteadily : stumble b : to give way : totter ing> c : to move waveringly or hesitatingly

2 : to speak brokenly or weakly : stammer ed>
3 a : to hesitate in purpose or action : waver ed in his determination> b : to lose drive or effectiveness business was faltering>transitive verb : to utter hesitatingly or brokenly

synonyms see hesitate

...the word "falter". Negative, yes? I think so. It's curious to me that if you squish together the words "fall" and "winter" this is what you get. I know so many people love fall, but really? Yuck. Don't get me wrong, I like a good, SUNNY fall day, but this windy, bitter, cold, slushy, rainy thing that's taking over my life is just crap. Here in Logan, it was in the high 70's one day and then the next morning you could see your breath and it started to snow while I was walking up to campus. Really? Really? Ugh. Sorry for the compliant, but I'm just not ready to give up warm weather yet. Seeing my breath doesn't make me happy. Having my toes and finger fall off because their frozen doesn't sound appealing. Come back June. You left us all too quickly.

*although I must say that the today was pleasantly and surprisingly warm. I'm sooo not ready for winter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm moving to mexico to sell bananas out of my mom's forrester. Who's with me?

    Remember that?

    ReplyDelete