It seems cliche to say "what a week!" but seriously... what a week (plus some)!
I was offered and accepted a job that I'm really excited about (more details to come).
We've been sick the entire week.
The girls have been incredibly grumpy. Over tired, over snotty, overly bratty. Seriously, all they've done is fight and I've cried about it basically every day since my last post.
Speaking of the last post...potty training? I don't want to talk about it.
We went to a little farm and road ponies.
We had an Easter Egg Hunt with the cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's.
The girls grew out of all their winter clothes. Coats, jackets, long sleeve shirts were instantly all too short. I bought a pair of jacket for next fall (the ones seen in every picture below) and we have a ton of short sleeve shirts that I bought for the summer, but that's it. Ain't no way I was buying a bunch more wintery stuff (why do clerance racks have to be SO picked over and why does every little girl item have "DIVA" or "PRINCESS" on it?) So yeah, there's your explanation of them only having one jacket each.
I lost a couple facebook friends when I posted an article that summarized many of my thoughts on marriage equality for LGBTs. I got a pretty hateful, condescending inbox message. But whatever, they're not people I need in my life, right? Right....? :/
We skipped out on the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt because we had tantrum after tantrum that morning (me included), but ended up doing one of our own after the girls' nap.
I've been trying to wake up before the girls wake up each morning and I've been starting my day off like a normal adult. You know, turning on the news, eating a bowl of cereal uninterrupted. It's amazing how much better I feel not waking up to two year olds screaming and kicking the door.
We went to Logan a few days ago to show my brother-in-law around USU's campus. Good crap, people. I love that place. Being on campus made me SO homesick and I just love that little town. If Josh could find a job up there and if I could convince a few people to move up there with me, I'd be gone tomorrow. That place will always feel like home to me.
My birthday falls on Easter this year. You wanna know what else falls on that day? The Walking Dead Season finale. Happy Birthday to me! Except I'm having this inner battle with it. I mean, it's Easter. The most religious holiday of the year (at least in my opinion) so to mix that with zombies? When I was thinking about it, I had to laugh as I recalled Herschel's line of "Jesus promised he'd raise the dead...I just thought he had something a little different in mind." Either way, I'm SUPER excited to watch it and am at the edge of my seat for Andrea...
And what's a post without some pictures?
Yep, that most definitely is a wood chip stuck in Sophie's snot.
Now I just have to figure out what to stuff their Easter baskets with that isn't candy.
Girlfriends have had enough of that!


Thanks for sharing the link to Sister Arnell's blog. I love seeing an articulate woman being the voice of reason on this important topic. I just posted the link on my facebook. Let's see how many friends I lose...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am sad that someone was dumb enough to be hateful about a different opinion :( you absolutely DON'T need them.
ReplyDeleteIt's so funny that you would write about being homesick for Logan... I was just talking to some fellow Aggies today about how we'd all move up there in a second if our husbands could find good jobs! I miss it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm sorry that people had to unfriend you because of an article you posted. I mean..seriously?! It seems a little overboard to unfriend someone just because you don't agree with their opinion on something. You simply can't expect to agree with people on everything- it's impossible! I'm seriously baffled by the fact that people would do that.