Becky wrote about her recent trip to the farm and when I read it, I knew I had to go. I
also knew I like hanging out with Becky, so I left her a comment that
basically invited myself to go with her the next time she went. So she
did. We went this past Thursday and the girls loved it. Her neighbor
came along too, so there were three adults and five children under 25
months. The twins got a little crazy at the end (all four of them) but we survived and overall, it was a successful trip.
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but in my adult life, I had never really been to Wheeler farm until this week. I mean, I had been to a wedding or two, but never to the farm. You guys, my girls are two years old and for 8 months of their lives we lived 10 minutes from the farm and we never went! I'm not sure I even knew you could walk around, chase the geese, feed the horses, pet the cows, and climb on tractors. I knew it existed and I remember going there in elementary school, but who knew you could just go whenever you wanted?!
Five toddlers and a heifer.
Sophie got licked by the cow. She obviously wasn't amused.
The kids feeding the horses (notice Lillian tripping and trying to take Micah down with her) and Micah patiently waiting for his turn on the tractor.
Lillian threw rocks in every tin, puddle, feeder, etc that had water in it. I think it had something to do with throwing rocks in the river when we went camping...
I foolishly tried to get a posed picture of the three of us. Who am I kidding?!
Although I do sort of obsessively love this one...
Becky is incredible with kids. Really, this woman could handle two more sets of twins. Easy.
We waited until the 5,873 children passed us by and then we got out the secret chicks. Sophie loved the "tweet tweet".
And this is the beginning of the end. The kids were hungry, tired and were over it. Grey was definitely not feeling the group hug moment (neither were my girls, apparently...)
I swear it took us just as long to get back to the cars as it did to go through the entire farm. With three adults, five toddlers and dozens of roaming chickens and geese, we got a little sidetracked. Not to mention the buses and buses of elementary kids that were there. It got a little intense, especially when 4 out of the 5 kids were crying. Those twins...
But it was awesome. And I got a thumbs up from another mom while I was getting my screaming children into my car. So that's success, right?
Wheeler farm, I'm sorry I've neglected you all these years. We will definitely be coming back.













We like that place too. My twins love throwing rocks in the animals' water as well. It is a great place to roam around.
ReplyDeleteLove this. These pictures are so great. And where did you get those cardigans?! SO cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I got the striped one at Target and the brown one at H&M.
DeleteI love these pictures! I can't believe she got licked by a cow. Also, I love Becky (and you, obviously).
ReplyDeleteUm, that picture of Grey crying about the group hug? LOVE.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have a couple more pictures I keep meaning to send to you. And even though our kids are maniacs and love having tantrums, let's continue to hang out.