You know how I always mention my "neighbor" in my posts? My neighbor who I've called at all hours of the day (literally after midnight a time or two). My neighbor who has gotten my girls to sleep while I've cried in the hall. My neighbor(s) who met me at instacare (and stayed with me for hours) when I thought Sophie swallowed some pills. My neighbor who the girls love more than practically anyone else. My neighbor who I've spent hours of every day for the last year with. My neighbor who has taught me how to cook, how to sew, who exercises with me every morning, who gives me advice, who understands me, who is hilarious, who will sit and eat milkshakes and veg with me.
This neighbor's name is Jenny, her husband's name is Brett and their house is literally less than 20 feet away from ours. I wouldn't have it any other way. Brett and Jenny are hoping to adopt and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever been more excited for someone to become parents. Jenny runs a preschool and is so good with kids. She parents my girls better than I do most days and they love her like she's their mom. She's usually the last person they talk about at night and the first person they mention in the morning.
And Brett? Next to Josh, Brett is the #2 man in the girls' lives. Brett is the Bishop of our ward and the girls love to wave at (and sometimes sit with) him when he's on the stand at church. They love stopping by his office after church (along with dozens of other kids) and getting candy from him. They love when we happen to be outside when he comes home from work and he always stops to play with them for a few minutes before going inside. The girls love to garden with Jenny and Brett. They follow them around when they mow the lawn, or are picking weeds, or are working on their pergola on the side of their house. They adore them.
And Brett? Next to Josh, Brett is the #2 man in the girls' lives. Brett is the Bishop of our ward and the girls love to wave at (and sometimes sit with) him when he's on the stand at church. They love stopping by his office after church (along with dozens of other kids) and getting candy from him. They love when we happen to be outside when he comes home from work and he always stops to play with them for a few minutes before going inside. The girls love to garden with Jenny and Brett. They follow them around when they mow the lawn, or are picking weeds, or are working on their pergola on the side of their house. They adore them.
Remember those adorable dresses the girls wore for the 4th?
Handmade by Jenny.
Handmade by Jenny.
At our ward campout, Brett and Jenny pitched their tent right next to ours. The girls still talk about "camping with Jenny and Brett". On that trip, Lillian's love of throwing rocks in the water was born, thanks to Brett. :)
One of those times where they stopped to play with the girls before going inside.
My girls love them. And frankly, will be quite jealous at first when a baby joins their family, but I know that Brett and Jenny's kids will be like siblings to mine. I've told Jenny that there really isn't an option for them not to be.
They love them. We love them. And it's not just us who loves them. Everyone in our neighborhood loves them. I would trust them with anything and feel so grateful that a next door neighbor has become a best friend.
My girls love them. And frankly, will be quite jealous at first when a baby joins their family, but I know that Brett and Jenny's kids will be like siblings to mine. I've told Jenny that there really isn't an option for them not to be.
They love them. We love them. And it's not just us who loves them. Everyone in our neighborhood loves them. I would trust them with anything and feel so grateful that a next door neighbor has become a best friend.
So, do me a favor and check out their profile and blog. If you really love me, then you'll grab their button (which was made by yours truly) and stick it on your blog.
Jenny and Brett have taught me a lot about being a parent and I know any child that comes into their home is going to be incredibly lucky. I love them and I can't wait for their kids to be friends with mine.
Jenny and Brett have taught me a lot about being a parent and I know any child that comes into their home is going to be incredibly lucky. I love them and I can't wait for their kids to be friends with mine.
How darling. It's so nice to have such great neighbors. They look like such a fun couple!
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry. They look so amazing! Any child that goes to them will be blessed, indeed.
ReplyDelete