7.20.2012

Erda Days

Last weekend we headed to Erda days. I was excited because I hadn't been since Josh and I were dating (4 years ago) and I was especially excited to get the girls their first Erda shirts. We woke up early enough to catch Josh's dad ride his tractor in the parade. I was actually surprised at the little parade. They had a few different church groups decorate trucks, horses and tractors. There were little kids in decorated wagons, horses, more horses, and...more horses. About half of the people threw candy out to the kids and the girls got quite a haul. They LOVED it. 
Oh and don't mind Lillian's crazy hair. It was an apparently rough car ride from our house to Grandma's...





I know Sophie isn't in focus, but her face! She was overjoyed that more candy kept get thrown at her.

And this one makes me laugh. Lillian was definitely enjoying her taffy. 
The girl's stash

Grandpa on his tractor

We then headed over to the actual Erda Days and got the girls shirts and sat down for lunch. 




A few minutes after we got our food, it stared to down pour. People started frantically putting things away, deflating the blow up slide and bounce house and people b-lined for the parking lot. The storm was quick though and by the time we got home, it had pretty much stopped. So, the girls got to go on a ride with Grandpa.


 

 It was a really good day. And I kept thinking about Erda Days 4 years ago. It was the day I decided and realized that marrying Josh was a real possibility.


 Who would thought that 4 years later we'd have two kids?




Maybe next year we'll have three?

KIDDING!!!
I'm hilarious...

1 comment:

  1. What a haul the girls got! Your family is beautiful! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete