I've never made New Year's resolutions. I've always thought they were (for me) rather silly. I know if I made them, I'd be the type of person to start out great and then quickly fade off and then get down on myself. This year however, I want to be different. I want to improve. I want to make goals and stick with them. I've come up with a little list that I'm going to print off and post somewhere very visible. I might even come up with a rewards system for myself. You know, a new nail polish or a night to myself every 3 months if I keep my goals. I haven't decided yet.
- Cook at least 3 times a week. I say at least, but I'm calling it now...there's no way it's happening more than that.
- Blog 2 times a week. That's going to cut my blog posts in half (give or take), but I'm OK with it. I'm more than OK with it.
- Do my homework before the week it's due. I ran into some issues with that this past semester and ended up missing an entire unit because I got the due date wrong. Because of that, I got a C in my class. The class that I put soooo much work into. I was...upset...to say the least. So my goal is to stay on top of my classes and give myself more time to get things done.
- Read the lessons for church ahead of the time. I'll be honest. I usually get next to nothing out of church. Why? Two toddlers. They go to nursery next month, which will help, but I still need to get more out of church. I think if I read the lessons ahead of time, I'd get a lot more out of the bits and pieces that I'm able to pay attention to.
- Say morning prayers. I'm really bad at this one....
And that's it. I know I should have some physical fitness goals in there, but quite frankly, I don't really care. I work out when I work out and that's good enough for me. Oh and I guess another goal of mine that's a little less self-improving is to actually do things that I've pinned on pinterest. If you're not on pinterest, you should be. There are beautiful and inspiring things on there. It's way cooler than facebook.
So here's to 2012. It's going to be a party.

Good luck! I think those are realistic goals. I'm trying to set mine for what I'll actually do too. My top goal is to get organized. We are moving in 2 months to a bigger place so I'm pretty positive I can make my goal--since I'll actually have closet space and a pantry again. Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteyay for the new year!!! i love having a fresh start. good luck with your goals!! they sound great.
ReplyDeleteps. we missed you guys at alli's reception! hopefully we can catch up soon now that the craziness of the holiday's are over!
That is awesome! And great that the girls will be in nursery next month... I still have another year before I will be that lucky. Until then, I will continue to wonder why I even go:)
ReplyDelete