1.30.2012

Lillian's talking!!!

Yes, that deserved three exclamation marks. Up until this past week, Lillian really wasn't saying anything. I was scared to take her to her 18 month appointment because I knew I wasn't going to have anything to report and I was scared she'd be referred to speech therapy (not that there's anything wrong with therapy, but I've already done physical therapy with the girls and it wasn't my favorite thing in the world...) This week though, something has clicked with Lillian. She's been signing 'please' without being asked to. She's picked up on 'milk' a little better too. My favorite thing though is how many words she's attempted to say. She's said, "eese" (please) "crkr" (cracker) and "uh-oh". So, it's still not a lot and in the back of my mind I'm still a little worried the pediatrician (which by the way, we still don't really have one... I'm tempted to take them back to our old one in Salt Lake. I guess I need to make a decision about that soon...) will still want her/them, to go to speech since they're only saying a handful of words. 

Sophie attempts to almost everything. She's picked up "that", "sis" (I love it when she says that one) "Jenny", and "please" (she says it like Lillian "eese"). It makes me happier that they're understanding and trying to say more words. They understand a lot usually the get everything I say to them. They'll go upstairs/downstairs if I tell them to, they'll grab their blanket, sippy cup, toys, books, ect. They'll go to their high chairs, they'll go to their cribs, etc, etc. It's amazing how smart they've gotten in the last few weeks. 


But I don't to talk about them too much because then I'll have nothing left for their 18 month post. So for now, here's a picture or two.

Sophie


Lillian saying 'please' 


This picture is for Dani. She asked if the girls play with our DVDs and the answer is YES! Josh is a master packer though and has them in our bookshelves so tight that I usually have a hard time getting them out. As you can see, the girls still try to pry them out on a daily basis.



And that's that. We have two talking toddlers.

5 comments:

  1. That's great they are talking and signing. I hope mine do that soon. My first daughter had to do speech therapy but it was actually pretty good. The therapist came right to our house.
    About a pediatrition: I go to one at the Riverton hospital. Her name is Dr. Nagel. I don't even live in Riverton but I referred my sister to her cause I really think she is great. So I thought I would to the same here. I don't know if that's even possible for you. It's just closer than Salt Lake from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it. I'm glad to know my kid isn't the only one. Also, your husband has the right idea with packing them in super close together. I'm going to have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh they are adorable!! so glad to hear that lillian started talking :) prepare yourself...they'll both be chattin' up a storm before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you need to worry about their speech. When I think of it, most of my friends kids haven't started talking until closer to 2. I don' think they'll need speech therapy, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from a speech therapist, therapy with toddlers is a blast and you shouldn't be afraid if they do end up needing it. It just looks like playing to most people, but with little tricks to get the kids to talk.

    ReplyDelete