OK, maybe 'snap' is too strong of a word because that makes me sound like a crazy person. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed. Sometimes, I live in denial a little too long. Sometimes, I try to keep up with laundry, dishes, picking up after my havoc wreaking children, and school, but I fail. All of those 'sometimes' get noticed by my husband. And when he notices, he usually does really nice things instead of getting upset. Like, bringing me home one of my favorite movies, or my favorite processed cheese crackers, or a giant oreo shake, or being OK with me going on a little girl's night out and him staying home with the his little girls, or having a late night conversation with me just because I need to talk even though he really should be sleeping, or booking a hotel for a pre-anniversary get away (With the kiddos. I'm too chicken to leave them with anyone yet. Can you imagine? Me two days without my girls? Not happening...).
And the best part? After doing all of these nice things for me he says, "Now you can brag about your awesome husband to all the women on the internet." He's a smart man, that one. A smart man. Even if none of these things would have happened, I really got myself a catch. I think back to the year we dated and how many people didn't understand our relationship and I say fooey to all of them because really, Mr. Mangelson is a pretty great guy and I'm really glad I get to live my life with him. He gets me. He's in love my spontaneous dancing and singing and sometimes he even joins in! He know exactly what to say (or what not to say) when I'm in certain moods. He knows to order me a burger with no condiments or onions. He just gets me.
There are a lot of reason to brag about him over the internet, but I just like I didn't feel I needed to justify our dating relationship to anyone, I don't feel the need to boast about why he's so amazing. Just know that he is. He is definitely the one that keep me sane. He brings me back to reality and puts things in perspective.
There are a lot of reason to brag about him over the internet, but I just like I didn't feel I needed to justify our dating relationship to anyone, I don't feel the need to boast about why he's so amazing. Just know that he is. He is definitely the one that keep me sane. He brings me back to reality and puts things in perspective.
He is the best.
Completely unrelated side note: I can't find those earrings anywhere and it's breaking my heart. The dumb thing is that they only cost 50ish cents to make, so I should just go buy some more navy buttons, but for some reason I can't because I know the girls grabbed them off my night table thingy and ran off with them. They've got to be somewhere. I've just got to find them without stepping on them and impaling my foot.

Isn't having a wonderful husband the best? I'm glad Josh is so amazing to you because you totally deserve.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love the picture and you looked radiant in yellow.
I know what you mean about being chicken and leaving your kids. We still haven't left Atticus even though I kind of really want to.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have an amazing husband. Good luck finding those earrings :)
ReplyDelete