The girls weaned themselves off of their binkies (Is that how it's spelled? For plural, you drop the y and add ies, right? It just looks weird...) right around the time we moved into our house. And by that point, they were only using them at night and not even every night. They usually only took them when they were particularly fussy. We've still got them around the house and sometimes the girls will suck on them while laughing (the simple pleasures of toddlers...) but they haven't used them to soothe themselves for months.
Well, the other day, Lillian was being particularly naughty. I placed her in the pack 'n play in our living room and she immediately reached down for the blanket by her. It was a fleece blanket that had little tassel things on it. All of the sudden...
The tassel was in mouth and she was sucking on it like a baby. And it immediately calmed her down. I had to laugh because she looked so adorable with her crocodile tears, hunched over while sucking on hot pink fleece. It also made me happy because I realized that my girls really are still babies. They still like to suck. Sophie, will sit and suck on the silicone spouts of her sippy cup for hours if I'd let her. I'm trying to get the girls more enthused about hard, plastic sippy cups, but even with having Elmo plastered on them hasn't 100% worked. They like to suck on soft things.
So even though they're running around, and have a mouth full of teeth, they're still my little babies.
And I'm OK with that.
Aaaaaand I won't be blogging for a few days. We're off for an adventure in a much warmer climate and a much, much needed break.
We'll be back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment