I've never been a big Valentines day advocate. The vast majority of my Valentine's Days I've lived through I was single so I'd stay home, eat brownie batter and watch chick flicks all night. Now that I have a significant other, I kinda think having one day out of the year to appreciate that person is lame and pretty cheesy. Granted, I love being surprised with flowers, a shake from in-n-out and other goodies, but the keyword is surprised. Valentine's Day? Nothing surprising about that. Last year, I was sicker than a dying dog and extremely bloated with 2 babies growing inside of me. {Remember how I didn't know it was twins, but I predicted it? If only I knew what was ahead...} This year, we didn't buy each other gifts, we probably wont go out {well, we might go out to eat somewhere, but we'll be toting two babies with us} and we don't even have cards for each other. What are we going to do? Most likely we'll wear our pj's, play with these two little chicks and stay up waaaay too late watching netflix documentaries.
Would I have it any other way? Absolutely not.
Oh, and we don't normally sleep with a neon green blanket on our bed. It's a quilt the elderly ladies in my parent's ward put together for us for our wedding. Our normal bedding got a bit beat up in the move and I'm in the sloooow process of making this bedding {Remember that post?} so for now, we're using this very bright (buy lovely) quilt.
I'm not sure why I felt the need to explain that, but I did. I'll be sure to let you all know when our new bedding is done. It might take a year, but once it is done, I'll be very proud and will not feel bad for bragging about it. ;)

They look absolutely darling in this picture. Were you screaming, "BABIES" when you took it? Also, thanks for the bedding explanation.
ReplyDeleteOh my word! Please tell me how you got them both to smile at the same time?? That is such a cute picture! I love them!!
ReplyDeleteJust let me have them already, okay? They are the cutest babies. Ever.
ReplyDeleteoh. my. they are the cutest little girlies ever. i can't wait for our baby girl to meet them :)
ReplyDeletep.s. it was great seeing you the other day! thanks for stopping by.
p.p.s. our quilt from the ward is even prettier!! haha believe me.
p.p.p.s. this is getting super long, but just so you know, an email is heading your way. love you girl! happy v-day :)
They are so gorgeous!! You are sooo blessed :)
ReplyDeleteThat picture is beyond adorable!
ReplyDeleteI still can't tell them apart, but baby on the right has SUPER blue eyes in this pic. I assume it's the blue shirt.
And we absolutely spent Valentines Day watching Netflix in our pjs.
But we did go buy lots of candy to eat while we were lying in bed watching said Netflix.