2.04.2011

Melted nipple and some other stuff


This is what a melted nipple looks like. Yes, it smelled awful and yes, it's a newborn flow. We're going on 6 months and more times than not, the babies drink from newborn bottles. We've also decided to hold off on solids for another month. What can we say? We want these girls to stay babies forever.

In other news, our family is happy for 3 reasons.
1. Uncle Sam was very kind to us {thanks to me for growing two babies} so this year's tax return was quite heftier than years past. Because of this, Josh gets a new guitar and I get a new camera lens. Yahoo!

2. Josh got a new job. I'm SO happy. Although it wasn't our first pick, he'll get paid what he deserves, have legit benefits, and the days of apartment living are coming to an end {hopefully} within the year!

3. I've lost a few pounds in the past couple of weeks! My post baby belly is not the prettiest sight in the world (although, I realize it could be MUCH worse. I'm lucky and got minimal stretch marks) but it's getting better. Thank you, cheesy ab videos on Netflix.

The girls were thrilled when we told them all of our awesome news. Sophie busted out her rad cheerleader moves.


And finally, it's my brother's birthday. He's cool and you should be his friend.

I'm the grumpy kid in the sheep shirt {LOVED that shirt by the way. Also, check out Brooke's awesome socks.}. I found this picture in an album at my grandparent's house last September when we went on this adventure. {Can someone please send us back?}

Happy birthday, Jason!

5 comments:

  1. the melted nipple (hmm...i would have never predicted i'd type that phrase...)reminds me of the monster on fern gully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the melted nipple.

    Just so you know I'm not too much of a creeper, you know my sister Melanie, and she showed me some of your facebook pictures of your twin girls, and then I facebook stalked you and found this very cute and funny blog. Keep it up and I hope you don't think I'm too creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to your brother and great moves sophie! we just finished our taxes too and OH MY! i'm in love with the numbers this year. so much better than last year. i'm so happy that josh found a job, what a relief! awww, i just love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their chubby little thighs make me want to come and steal your babies.

    Also, yay! On all accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha that looks so funny! ugh! I hate melted dishes though. Boooo! Your little honeys are getting so big! I love it! What dolls! I'm glad to see you guys (girls) are all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete