1.11.2011

5

It's amazing what just 5 months can do...
104_0011

IMG_5787

IMG_4045

IMG_5795

My little Sophie
IMG_5911

IMG_5878

and Lillian
IMG_5904

IMG_5773

are HUGE.
I say it all the time, but unless you held them when they were newborns and now, I'm not sure you fully understand. They were under 5 pounds when we brought them home and now they're pushing 15. Their sweet little kitten cries of the NICU have now turned into bloody murder shrieks. They giggle and smile every day and keep getting fatter and fatter. They recently got some new cloth diapers (which I was SUPER excited about) and we're getting closer to saying goodbye to disposables forever. They love the Backyardigans (and so do I because it gives me 20 minutes to do something while they are glued to the tv. Yes, I've already picked up my horrible mother card. I'm over it.) They haven't started solids yet and are still only drinking 4-5 oz at each feeding. We're going to start solids soon, but quite frankly I'm scared for the poop. They LOVE standing and can even stand while holding on to the couch for about 3.5 seconds (yes, I'm TERRIFIED). They can also sit up on their own for a few seconds, but then come tumbling down. We're getting there. They hate their car seats, nap time, being a part from each other, farting, and the wind. They love being swaddled (although they're starting to fight it. Again, I'm terrified) diaper changes, open windows, standing, farting noises, getting out in their stroller, reading books (especially Lillian. It's hilarious how excited she gets), bath time, and shoving anything they can get their hands on into their mouth.

IMG_5782
(yes, those shirts say "My sister is my BFF" Hilarious.)

IMG_5918

Happy 5 months, girls.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! And Im holding up pretty well. Your girls are too cute!! and such huge blue eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so beautiful just like their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how FUN! So amazing that they are growing up that fast. I love the "My sister is my BFF" shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are seriously adorable. I can't believe it has been 5 months time flies. And the solids I would wait as long as you could the poop yes is bad but you will be feeding them the rest of their lives enjoy it while you can only giving them a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand my girl. Matthew was over 7 lbs when we brought him home. But he had lots of catching up to do. But the boy is probably almost caught up to these girls! They are too cute. It would be fun to see them together. Too bad neither of us made it to the dance thing. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my cuss!!! 5 months!!! Where does time go? I think your babies are the MOST adorable little squishies out there!!! Love them! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to pinch their cheeks!
    they are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they look just like you, Brittany. Especially as they get older. Hard to believe it's already been 5 months, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete