Sometimes Lillian screams for 50 minutes straight (like right now) and I have to go sit on our balcony because I can't take it anymore. Is she sick? In pain? Pain from what? Teething for reals? She's not hungry. No poopy diaper. Being held, swaddled, rocked, binkied, and a bathed does nothing. Should I call 911 and tell them my 5 month old child is out of control?
Please can someone make her verbal for ten seconds so she can tell me what the %@!$ is wrong?
It's moments like this when I wish I had a nanny and I could go leave for a few hours by myself and buy a new outfit.
I don't like days like this.
Dear Lillian, please go back to being cute.
Love, Mom
Update: Yes, I'm updating this just 7minutes after I posted it, but guess what? She stopped. I'm sure you're all dying to know what finally got her to calm down, right? Backyadigans. Ya know, before I was a mom I was one of those "my child will never watch tv" kind of people and if you're that kind of mom then great, but next time one of the girls acts like this, can you please come over and figure out what's wrong?
Thanks.
Now excuse me while I go shower.
Update: Yes, I'm updating this just 7minutes after I posted it, but guess what? She stopped. I'm sure you're all dying to know what finally got her to calm down, right? Backyadigans. Ya know, before I was a mom I was one of those "my child will never watch tv" kind of people and if you're that kind of mom then great, but next time one of the girls acts like this, can you please come over and figure out what's wrong?
Thanks.
Now excuse me while I go shower.

hahah! this post made me laugh so hard, it brought tears to my eyes!!! I can still remember those days..and sorry to break the news to you, but when they are 1 1/2 it may or may not get worse...prepare yourself ;).
ReplyDeleteps- I am all about ANYTHING that will make them stop crying, especially in a situation like that! good job, your a great mom!
oh my. i haven't thought about the backyardigans in FOREVER but i used to watch that show every.single.morning when i nannied my little cousin in north carolina! hahaha. i'm glad that your girls like that show as well. that is some quality tv right there :)
ReplyDeletesorry you had a rough day though. when i get back from oklahoma, i would love to be your nanny for a day :) max is in love with your girls anyways so it would be a win-win for both of us.
hang in there!! you're doing great.
oooooh, i HATE HATE HATE days like this! i never thought it was possible to go from completely happy and calm to totally stressed out and mad (and i'm talking about ME, not henry!!) hang in there! you're doing a great job.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad she stopped for you, we always pull out the yo gabba gabba and it usually works miracles. have you shown that to them yet? it's crazy how intrigued babies are by the entire thing!
Seriously, you have the funniest babies on the planet. Look at that face!!
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing, by the way.
You are just being prepared for the days that they become hormonal teenage girls. Guess what you'll miss these days! You are doing a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteI babysat a little one today who pulled this.... SCREAMED, like top-of-her-lungs for an hour... nothing would console her! NOTHING! I looked at her and said "Polly, I'm sorry, I'm not your mom and CAN'T NURSE YOU!" If only she could have had words for 30 seconds... "I just want some more food and a nap!" I'm feeling about how you were with the whole pregnancy thing. I need to come and visit you!
ReplyDelete