11.27.2009

November 27, 1988

21 years ago today my bff was born. I wouldn't meet this girl until a few years later when we were in first grade. I hated her. She was Mrs. Chyrstler's daughter and I was the hopeful teacher's pet. I still don't really remember what changed our hatred to love, but it quickly happened and we've been buddies ever since. In elementary school, people thought we were sisters or at least cousins. She was taller than me {funny, isn't it?} and she has short curly hair. In 5th grade, we had a crazy art teacher who wanted us to come up with nicknames. There was a small group of us who decided on the names, Fro, Moe, Poe, Yoe, and Ned. I became Moe, and Katie became Fro. I soon lost my nickname, but Fro will always and forever be Fro in my book. We've been on many grand adventures with each other {including falling off a ski lift, telling of Stephen Covey, meeting Sheri Dew, metting Al Roker} and I probably spent more Friday nights at her house than my own. In fact, I think it's safe to say that during our senior year I probably spent an equal amount of time between her house and mine. We were experts at convincing our parents we "had to have a sleepover". People always warned us that as we went to middle school, high school, college etc, we would grow apart, but I really don't think that has happened. There's a part of me that only she finds funny. We call each other multiple times a week to tell stories that happened that we're certain only each other would appreciate. We have more inside jokes than I can count {Literally. We made a shirt one time with just the ones we could think of and it was over 100} and I always know that her advice is just a phone call away. She's always thinking one step ahead of everybody else and if you can keep up with her {which I try pathetically to do even though I'm 8 months older than her}, she'll have you laughing the entire time. She's the perfect mix between her parents which is awesome because they are both some of the greatest people I know. She is simply wonderful. Ok, enough with the cheese. Now, let's get some funny pictures.








Haha. We almost died during this picture. We were on enemy turf. And yes, I wore a Bob The Builder back pack in high school.




Yep. She's great. Happy birthday, Fro.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, it was great to "mett" Al Roker. But that aside, this post was one of the highlights of my day, minus my little Best Buy excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete