Ok, if you know me, you know I can complain. I've tried to keep this blog cheerful, but I reached a breaking point today and now must vent.
Nursery. Sure, it sounds like a great calling, right? Hardly. It's now only Josh and I in there with 13 screaming 2 year olds. Well they aren't all screaming, but let me tell you what they do. One boy cries so hard his face turns purple. Hee barely takes breaks to breathe. Another girl bites, pulls hair, throws/steals toys. Another girl uses the toy stroller as a club, but freaks out when you take it away. We have two boys who are really cute, but always jumping off tables and chairs, and crashing into other kids. We have a few kids who for the most part like to be there, but if one child is crying, they get freaked out too. A few kids have wet their pants, and the last few constantly want to sit on our laps. Fun, right? I don't know what to do. I feel bad for no liking a calling so much, but I miss real church. We get nothing out of it at all. We can hardly have a lesson with the kids because they're constantly running around or fighting. We miss Relief Society/Priesthood and Sunday School. We miss church. We've been in there or 6 months and aren't getting released for another 6 months. We were told that we would get some reinforcement soon, but nobody has been called.
Sunday is supposed to be a restful day, but it's not the break from the week that we need. I feel like I'm at work again. I find myself saying the same things like, "you need to stay calm" or, "that is not appropriate", "we don't act like that in nursery", all the time. It's pathetic. I love my job and love little kids, but being around teens with disabilities who act like two year olds 5 days a week and then getting dumped into a room with 13 two year olds is burning me out.
And people wonder why we're not having kids yet... :)
Also, I'm morally opposed to people getting on facebook while on their honeymoon. Seriously people, do something else.
Ok, I've got my grumps out. Thanks for listening. We made Costa Vida sweet pork and I'm going to go stuff my face.
Happy Sunday
B.
do something else? like...what? : )
ReplyDeletehahahaha I am also morally opposed to getting on facebook while on the honeymoon. Honestly people. If you're that bored of each other already, it's a bad sign.
ReplyDeleteAnd oh no. :) Yeah thanks, scare me, sure. haha. But yeah, I think 4 kids - and only one new prospect on the horizon - and 4 adults to handle said 4 (maybe 5) children - is doable. And I can switch off every week. Wish you could too. That does sound super crazy.
I was called to be a Primary Teacher once upon a time.... about a month later, I decided to hit up the singles ward. Maybe I'll go to hell for that. But, uh, yeah. Totally feel ya. :) (Not that I don't love kids, I do. Just in doses - since they're not my own [I hear those are better]).
ReplyDeleteBrittany, you are hilarious. And, btw, it is perfectly acceptable to use your blog as a platform for complaining. Best of lucky with the little crazies....
ReplyDeleteYo - This is Michelle Oldroyd from high school. I definitely feel for you. There's no quicker way to get a headache than being in nursery for two hours. However, a little advice: 1. blow bubbles and let the kids chase them (fills 15 minutes of the day) 2. sing songs with actions, even if you're the only one who sings (fills another 15-20 minutes depending on if they find a song like once there was a snowman and you have to sing it 20 times) 3. Playdough. Just makes sure they don't eat it. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteso i just happened to re-read this post of yours...and realized the comment about people getting on facebook while on their honeymoon...are you serious??? wow.
ReplyDeleteI also think it's weird when people get on facebook on their honeymoon.
ReplyDelete